Sending a parcel abroad

Hi, I am wanting to send a parcel to my son in Thailand. I have used Royal Mail before but found them quite expensive. The delivery charge was more than the value of the sent items.

Can anyone recommend an alternative courier. I don't mind travelling to their depot if necessary.

Thanks very much

I have in the past few months sent over 300 parcels world wide, packages of various sizes and had no problem what so ever with the post office, well bar one still being tracked through China !.

Prices were ok, the service great.. examples ? one small parcel posted Lincolnshire at 4pm, arrived at a remote shetland Island by 10am the next day. A large parcel reached Oz in 4 days.

One point re charges, true or not ? i dont know but first class is deemed to be a con, with so many couriers out there the post office is understood, to be under instruction tO deliver all parcels as soon as possible.

MAKES SENCE TOO.