Traffic light cameras

Thank you Cyclone no tyre place just looked like one dont know what it is. No pedestrian about either so must be hallucinating . 14 days wait to find out but sure a flash. :hihi:

if you look at cyclones second picture where the silver van is all the traffic lights have cameras on them

Edited by nikki-red
fixed quote tags

if you look at cyclones second picture where the silver van is all the traffic lights have cameras on them

Those aren't cameras. They are vehicle detectors which are used to tell the signal controller when moving vehicles are present. The timings at signals can be dependant on traffic flows and the detectors can extend the green time.

Edited by nikki-red
fixed quote tags

I know they have recently been re-doing all those lights (updating the heads, fixing issues etc) - so maybe they have recently installed a Camera, and it's not listed on websites (yet?)

Just a thought....

No, there is no camera, I drove past yesterday evening.

in my opinion every set of lights should have a red light camera, especially pedestrian crossings. the fine should be raised to £200 to make it more reasonable. I have almost come to grief several times both as a motorist and as a pedestrian by drivers who jump red lights. most frighteningly by the woman driver with a female passenger who continued accelerating UP herries road despite the crossing lights being at red for several seconds against her and me being on the crossing. I stopped walking and she steered away from me to the other side of the road, almost having a head on with the cars coming down, and continued on her journey. I still have her reg number on my phone. the police said they could not do anything unless the incident was caught on camera or witnessed by a police officer.

one would have thought they could have send a warning letter to tell her the incident was witnessed by a member of the public. after all, if a member of the public reports a vehicle involved in antisocial activities, a warning is sent to the owner of that vehicle, then if it happens again, the vehicle is seized.

one would have thought they could have send a warning letter to tell her the incident was witnessed by a member of the public. after all, if a member of the public reports a vehicle involved in antisocial activities, a warning is sent to the owner of that vehicle, then if it happens again, the vehicle is seized.

Because that wouldn't be open to malicious misuse at all...

---------- Post added 09-10-2015 at 15:01 ----------

sorry t tell you my wife got caught there dong 44 mph, hope you get away with it mate to many of these camera's x

There is no camera there, and the OP was asking about a red light camera, no t a speed camera.

Cyclone, Not relevant the the OP's issue, and I don't think there are many in Sheffield, but some of the newer red light cameras are "Redspeed" "Speed on Green".

I've a vague feeling that the one on Fred Mulley Way in Attercliffe might be one of these.

I've always assumed it was, with it being just inside the 30 zone.

Edited by Cyclone