Sheffield local elections - May 2016

As much as I don't like Labour, I like democracy. I see no reason to abuse those that voted, even if I don't like the result.

If the Council continues to not live up to their expectations, then they've only got themselves to blame for voting them in!

I absolutely agree. I too like to see democracy.

The people have spoken - but I highly doubt they will be prepared to put their money where their mouths are.

I give it a few weeks before those same voters will be complaining about actions (or lack of action) from said councillors.

I just wish more people would actually bother to look at who is best for the job not what colour they represent. I drives me up the wall when people have this sheep mentality of just picking the same year on year.

I have voted two or three different parties (or ind) dependant on what role that particular PERSON is due to fill. I suspect I am one of the exceptions to the general rule.

Edited by ECCOnoob

South Yorkshire has never been and will never be a tory hotspot. That is not the issue.

The point I am making is that after months of negative press, public criticism, protesting, and slagging off all over these forums about labour MPs, Labour Councils, Labour Councillors, Julie Dore, Alan Billings etc etc for their general incompetence, Hillsborough, the grooming scandal, Sheffield development (or lack of it), police cover ups, wasted monies of white elephants, bus changes and god knows what else,

What does the local electorate go and do. Elect exactly the same again.

You don't think that an issue?

Maybe these forums don't have much influence.

Guest sibon
Maybe these forums don't have much influence.

No forum would ever influence my vote.

I'd vote for a donkey wearing a red rosette, because my Dad told me to. And his Dad before him.

No forum would ever influence my vote.

I'd vote for a donkey wearing a red rosette, because my Dad told me to. And his Dad before him.

doing a spot of fishing ?

---------- Post added 06-05-2016 at 20:53 ----------

tbf most of it on here is just people who are on the opposite side of the fence having a whinge LOL

come back and live in Sheffield, after a few years of seeing this councils inactivity , you would probably have a whinge

You don't half talk some gonads at times:D

Not very unfounded as my father refused to talk to me for several years when he found out I voted for the Conservatives in a 1970's election, toffs he called them.

Pleased to see the Lib Dems regaining ground, i can't work out what the final outcome in Sheffield was but David and Penny Baker both won in Stannington (all 3 now LibDem), which is excellent news as they must be some of the best local councillors in this country.

Is there a convenient overview site yet? The Sheffield presentation of results on their own website is atrocious, old fashioned and uninspired.

Pleased to see the Lib Dems regaining ground, i can't work out what the final outcome in Sheffield was but David and Penny Baker both won in Stannington (all 3 now LibDem), which is excellent news as they must be some of the best local councillors in this country.

Is there a convenient overview site yet? The Sheffield presentation of results on their own website is atrocious, old fashioned and uninspired.

Cant believe Crookes only got one Lib Dem was hoping for three.