Sheffield local elections - May 2016

Apart from Manchester, Newcastle, South Wales, Merseyside, Birmingham, a lot of London, etc.

It still looks a bit pathetic though. Face facts, you live in a generally conservative country.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/a7/Local_Elections_2015.png/400px-Local_Elections_2015.png

The role of the UK left is to keep the UK right to the centre, which keeps the UK left out of it and makes them generally unpopular.

since 2015 elections our ward at greenhill has had 2 labour councillors and one lib/dem and things have got worse to say the least,the oap lunchion club about 50 members have been promised a new cooker that's never come about and each week these people many who fought in ww2 or had to endure hardships and rations have a choice due to the cooker problem,do you want a Yorkshire pud this week or a apple pie ,you cannot have both as the cookers not sorted,its in my opion horrific that the labour councillors cant help them ,only promises they don't keep,they need some competition from other partys.

Yorkshire born, Yorkshire bred, strong int arm, thick int ead. Says it all.

Vote UKip you know it makes sense. Get rid of the current dross and let's have a change, it probably could not be any worse.

Angel1.

ps I am a Yorkshireman born and bred, with a bit of Jock blood in me.

he then went and lost his council seat and screwed a few decent lib dems with his fawning over Clegg if he had stood up to him then the lib dem may have had a better chance but hey ho he got a seat in the house of lords and now has pushed another 'collegue' out just so he come back quite why he took the seat in the lords when he is against peerages is another reason not to trust the charlatan.

by the way i dont thiink Julie dore is any good either

---------- Post added 11-03-2016 at 22:30 ----------

so why post at all ?

Not difficult to work out.

My question was whether there are "party lists" and "party preferences", so that a vote doesn't get "wasted" on a less popular candidate for a particular party, and thus stopping their candidates getting elected on a FPTP basis.

since 2015 elections our ward at greenhill has had 2 labour councillors and one lib/dem and things have got worse to say the least,the oap lunchion club about 50 members have been promised a new cooker that's never come about and each week these people many who fought in ww2 or had to endure hardships and rations have a choice due to the cooker problem,do you want a Yorkshire pud this week or a apple pie ,you cannot have both as the cookers not sorted,its in my opion horrific that the labour councillors cant help them ,only promises they don't keep,they need some competition from other partys.

With all due respect, no matter what Councillors get voted in, local councils dont have a current pot to do the proverbial in.

• 4 weeks later...
Council doesn't have any cash and yet both my wife and I have received TWO post cards each telling us we are registered to vote by post. Der!!!

Could be because there are 2 elections running on the same day and the system just spits out 2 letters.

I've received my PCC polling card card but not the council election one yet.

Could be because there are 2 elections running on the same day and the system just spits out 2 letters.

I've received my PCC polling card card but not the council election one yet.

No, got mine on Monday and I only got one polling card: both elections are mentioned on there. And I am a postal voter, you still get a card through reminding you of this at the same time all the other non-postal cards are sent.

In fact you dont even need a polling card to vote, assuming you are on the register.