Could Corbyn sue Cameron for slander after todays speech

If you arent in power you change very little.

I'm unsure about that.

Kinnock to Smith to Blair was a pretty big change while Labour were in the wilderness. I think political parties experiment while they are out of power until they find a winning formula. Look at the Tories with Hague, Duncan Smith and Howard.

I'm unsure about that.

Kinnock to Smith to Blair was a pretty big change while Labour were in the wilderness. I think political parties experiment while they are out of power until they find a winning formula. Look at the Tories with Hague, Duncan Smith and Howard.

They can change themselves but they dont change the country.

What is summed up here is your blinkered support for anything Labour. You have sung the praises of Blair, Brown and Miliband. All of which have either said Cobyn would be a bad leader or have stayed silent on the subject. You would follow Labour even if it were fronted by a pig in a red rosette.

Not at all, what's apparent here is that I have much (actually lots) more respect for someone who spent his younger days trying to help sort out some of the more problematic political issues, as opposed to someone who alledgedly spent his inserting his private parts into a dead pig.

You obviously feel different, that is your right and I respect that!

So.... Mrs Thatcher isn't to blame for everything that's gone wrong since 1979?

You wouldn't think so from reading SF.

I think you misunderstand. Politicians in opposition dont change the country, they need to be in power to do that. Mrs Thatcher got into power so was enable to institute change through the actions of her government. Vorbyn and his supporters can have all the radical plans and debates they want, but unless they persude people to vote and win power then it wont amount to much.

---------- Post added 09-10-2015 at 16:46 ----------

Not at all, what's apparent here is that I have much (actually lots) more respect for someone who spent his younger days trying to help sort out some of the more problematic political issues, as opposed to someone who alledgedly spent his inserting his private parts into a dead pig.

You obviously feel different, that is your right and I respect that!

Do you believe Labour now have a better chance of being elected with Corbyn and that they will win the next election?

I'm unsure about that.

I think you're right.

I think Corbyn's election will pull Labour back to the left, after a long spell slightly to the right of Mussolini. Of course the "lurch to the right" is what got them elected in the first place.

For Labour to stand any chance at either of the next two elections, the British electorate will have to drift to the left. By 2030 the people reaching voting age will only have known a Tory government. If I was a Labour strategist, I'd be aiming to win another election around that time, and not before.

I think you're right.

For Labour to stand any chance at either of the next two elections, the British electorate will have to drift to the left. By 2030 the people reaching voting age will only have known a Tory government. If I was a Labour strategist, I'd be aiming to win another election around that time, and not before.

On the basis that they will have drifted to the left by 2030?

On the basis that they will have drifted to the left by 2030?

Well, more that the tory support will wither and die back a bit by 2030; that and young people always want to strike back at authority, which in their case will be the incumbent Tory government.