Could Corbyn sue Cameron for slander after todays speech

This is the whole crux of the debate, if we accept the United Nations definition then he should be required to state whether or not he supports the use of terror to further his wishes. However, if he doesn't then Cameron should be made to apologise.

At the moment I can see no evidence that he does so he should be classed as innocent until proven guily of the accusation.

I'm not aware he has any obligation to state anything? All I see is Corbyn being a man that will fight to peace, pacifism and equality in his own country, but will happily take free jets to visit some of the most violent, homophobic, anti semitic and uncompromising extremist organisations in the world and be incapable of directly condoning their terrorist methods. All during a time when he had absolutely zero political power at all.

You might struggle to pin the sympathiser label on him depending on how much you like him, but you can certainly hang a big sign round his neck labelling him a hypocrite IMO.

This is the whole crux of the debate, if we accept the United Nations definition then he should be required to state whether or not he supports the use of terror to further his wishes. However, if he doesn't then Cameron should be made to apologise.

At the moment I can see no evidence that he does so he should be classed as innocent until proven guily of the accusation.

1. I think he said it outside parliament and i think it was at the conference?

2. Its easily within the scope to say he can be classed as being sympathetic to the aims and situation of a group without agreeing with the means in which it carries out its business. Plenty of people were sympathetic to the IRA or Unionist cause without supporting the violence. Think its perfectly possible to be called a sympathiser.

I dont see why Cameron has to say anything, he'd love it if he were sued becayse that would get in the media as a leader who had lost the plot even further. Corbyn was a very poor choice for Labour if they wish to get elected.

1. I think he said it outside parliament and i think it was at the conference?

2. Its easily within the scope to say he can be classed as being sympathetic to the aims and situation of a group without agreeing with the means in which it carries out its business. Plenty of people were sympathetic to the IRA or Unionist cause without supporting the violence. Think its perfectly possible to be called a sympathiser.

I dont see why Cameron has to say anything, he'd love it if he were sued becayse that would get in the media as a leader who had lost the plot even further. Corbyn was a very poor choice for Labour if they wish to get elected.

You've got to think of his audience as well. Teresa May got the crowd with the old Tory number "send 'em back" and Cameron had to do some sort tub thumping so he tore strips off Corbyn. He wasn't going to play second fiddle was he?

It's all ********. Let's see how he goes when they get back to parliament.

i doubt cameron will lose any sleep over his critics on here. he only seems to have upset the ones who were upset that miliband lost the election. the majority of the population will no doubt agree with cameron. the leaders rating figures will tell us.

of course if corbyn feels badly treated he can call in the lawyers. he will win in cameron called it wrong. :hihi::hihi::hihi:

Edited by drummonds

do you think those wanting an independent catalan are terrorists, or just the ones that blow up trains?

An independent Catalan? What's his name? Maybe you mean Catalonia. But the only terrorist organisation there never bombed a train and have been on ceasefire for 20 years. Or maybe you mean ETA in the Basque Country but they never bombed a train either. So maybe you mean the 2004 train bombings in Madrid carried out by Islamic terrorists not known for their interest in Catalan independence.

Who knows what you mean.

I was flummoxed by drummonds' post too, LeMaquis, and wondered where she/he gets her/his (mis)information.

Back on topic:

David Cameron: "We cannot let that man inflict his security-threatening, terrorist-sympathising, Britain-hating ideology on the country we love."

Smacks a bit of the Daily Mail attack of Ed Miliband's dad two years ago.

I've just been watching Camerons speech today in which he refers to Corbyn as "Terrorist sympathising" and it got me wondering whether MP's are allowed to sue each other if comments like that are untrue or if they have some sort of priveledges which prevents this.

I'm also curious to know the basis of this statement as it's a pretty odious statement about someone if untrue.

How could he sue when all that Cameron said was true! the guy is a traiter in the making

I was flummoxed by drummonds' post too, LeMaquis, and wondered where she/he gets her/his (mis)information.

Back on topic:

David Cameron: "We cannot let that man inflict his security-threatening, terrorist-sympathising, Britain-hating ideology on the country we love."

Smacks a bit of the Daily Mail attack of Ed Miliband's dad two years ago.

I agree with you there. I don't think for one minute Jeremy Corbyn hates Britain. Possibly what he does hate is Cameron's vision of Britain, which is a different thing all together.

---------- Post added 07-10-2015 at 20:02 ----------

How could he sue when all that Cameron said was true! the guy is a traiter in the making

If Corbyn is a traitor & a threat to national security as Cameron claims, why hasn't Corbyn been arrested, and cautioned like others that are deemed to be a threat to national security?