Believing in santa

What age did everyone stop believing in santa? Or your children?

I personally can't remember actually ever believing, i knew it was my mum.

I'm curious because my OH's son still believes, he is 8 now, and very mature and clever for his age, so i think it won't be long before he starts to question it.

I was around 7 or 8 when I worked it out.

---------- Post added 07-10-2015 at 18:58 ----------

What age did everyone stop believing in santa? Or your children?

I personally can't remember actually ever believing, i knew it was my mum.

I'm curious because my OH's son still believes, he is 8 now, and very mature and clever for his age, so i think it won't be long before he starts to question it.

If he is bright he will have already worked it out but goes along with the pretense for fear of not getting any presents. My son told me this when he finally admitted that he knew Father Christmas was make believe.

Edited by Daven

I think about 8/9 is probably the max you're going to get out of kids. My little boy has just turned 9 and as far as I know (I hope anyway) he still believes. I think this is the last year we'll get out of him though, if indeed at all as other kids will no doubt blab when they find out!

I think a lot of it depends on how you 'do' Christmas for your little ones. I've always gone to town for mine as I absolutely love it so that helps keep the magic alive. We do the PNP every year for him, the footsteps, the, Santa tracker, half eaten mince pie/carrots for the reindeer etc. And we have every explanation going for any doubt he may have! I'll be gutted when he finds out!

I think about 8/9 is probably the max you're going to get out of kids. My little boy has just turned 9 and as far as I know (I hope anyway) he still believes. I think this is the last year we'll get out of him though, if indeed at all as other kids will no doubt blab when they find out!

I think a lot of it depends on how you 'do' Christmas for your little ones. I've always gone to town for mine as I absolutely love it so that helps keep the magic alive. We do the PNP every year for him, the footsteps, the, Santa tracker, half eaten mince pie/carrots for the reindeer etc. And we have every explanation going for any doubt he may have! I'll be gutted when he finds out!

I think when he's having doubts and questioning, he's applying critical thinking based on his knowledge of reality.

It's probably time to come clean.