Believing in santa

Mine were both around 8, they went along with it for a couple of years after tho as I used to tell them that if they didnt believe in him he wouldnt come so I think they didnt dare risk it!

One thing they questioned was why were there presents under the tree before Christmas day. I used to tell them that Father Christmas would come and magic them into real presents, and that was how he managed to do so much on Christmas Eve (He couldnt possibly carry all the presents with him!) and if any parcels under the tree were tampered with then the magic wouldnt work!

What age did everyone stop believing in santa? Or your children?

I personally can't remember actually ever believing, i knew it was my mum.

I'm curious because my OH's son still believes, he is 8 now, and very mature and clever for his age, so i think it won't be long before he starts to question it.

Why is it so wrong for children or adults to believe in Santa, billions of people believe in God. God created the universe so must exist because the universe exists, Santa delivers presents at Christmas so must exist because people receive presents at Christmas.

Why is it so wrong for children or adults to believe in Santa, billions of people believe in God. God created the universe so must exist because the universe exists, Santa delivers presents at Christmas so must exist because people receive presents at Christmas.

Why believe something without evidence? Santa is a good way for children to look at beliefs based on reality. Sooner or later they realise it's nonsense.

Why believe something without evidence? Santa is a good way for children to look at beliefs based on reality. Sooner or later they realise it's nonsense.

There is evidence for both, the universe is evidence of God's existence, presents are evidence of Santa's existence. ;) Most of the worlds population can't be wrong, can they?

I never said it was a bad thing, I think its quite sweet, how innocent he still is. Last Christmas he left a present for Santa with his mince pie and whisky. It would have been impossible to hide the boy's gift without him finding it at some point and realising the truth, so I wrote a thank you note 'from Santa' saying it was a lovely thought, but Santa didn't have room on his sleigh :hihi:

The boy gets presents from each parent, and separate presents from Santa.

I am an atheist.

It is weird how people believe in God without any tangible evidence, but don't believe in Santa or the flying spaghetti monster.