Rise in number of rats across our city

There are flippin loads of them around at the moment! We need more foxes.

On that note, anyone else seen all the foxes painted on walls on Abbeydale Rd area (and quite possibly other locations that I haven't noticed/been to)? What's that all about?

The rats enjoy the dirty habits of some of the people of Sheffield, just look at the feasts of part eaten takeaways left out for them on the streets of the city.
That's a very good point. The population number of rats (and other pests) is a reflection of the environment we create as human beings.

Saw one only yesterday coming out of the bushes on Crookes Valley road. They're very often spotted in Weston Park.

---------- Post added 09-10-2015 at 15:23 ----------

There are flippin loads of them around at the moment! We need more foxes.

4 foxes playing in my garden the other week, drives my little Patterdale mad

I think this week they were just passing through on their way up to Manchester.

They'll be returning back to their usual runs now.

The rats enjoy the dirty habits of some of the people of Sheffield, just look at the feasts of part eaten takeaways left out for them on the streets of the city.

You're right.

I too have seen them left right and centre. In fact I was having a discussion with my barber the other day about the current rat epidemic. We especially agreed on the following locations to regularly encounter these little varmints:-

1) KFC Queens Road

2) Church near Crucible

3) Anywhere close to a river

4) The Wicker (specially at the rear of the foot establishments)

I think the problem will only increase if active steps are not taken soon!!!!

Now that doesn't surprise me. I've seen cars just pull up through the drive in, sit in the car park, stuff their faces and then throw all the litter straight out of their car windows on the car park. Disgusting.