Day to day supply cover in schools.

Shhh

I absolutely loved school, and had some fantastic teachers that made learning fun but I honestly cannot recall never having one day away from school due to teacher's striking, or hearing about any of our teacher's complaining about their jobs/holidays/pay etc.

Obviously my university degrees were paid for so that's different, but again the majority of my lecturer's were fantastic and helped make university such a great experience.

As I said in a previous post I wouldn't be a teacher for a gold pig - but my point right from the beginning isn't that teacher's don't do a good job, or that some of them don't have a constant battle with both students and their parents, it is simply that they don't have the hardest/least paid/worst holidays in any profession yet it is something as a society we are constantly hearing about.

That is odd. University grants ended in 1997. So if anything you must be in the second half of your thirties at the youngest. So everything you have effectively said about your so called successes must also be a lie.

You need to check that your story holds water first before trying to fool everyone.

That is odd. University grants ended in 1997. So if anything you must be in the second half of your thirties at the youngest. So everything you have effectively said about your so called successes must also be a lie.

You need to check that your story holds water first before trying to fool everyone.

Not to mention the fact that nobody's second degree (he says he has university degrees) would be paid for. Postgraduate degrees are not funded in the same way.

House in Dubai? Council flat in Firth Park more like.

Yes some of the children can be dreadful. They haven't been taught any of the basic rules, or manners, at home. Too many parents expect the teachers to do it for them - and then they complain like mad when the school tries to actually discipline their obnoxious children.

You have made one excellent observation. The rest of your post is baseless.

When I say paid for I mean paid for by my parents rather than being free like my school and sixth form was. Grants finished well before I started uni so I never even considered it being interpreted that way.

Thanks for trying to pull me down there but once again epic fail!!

---------- Post added 13-10-2015 at 20:30 ----------

Not to mention the fact that nobody's second degree (he says he has university degrees) would be paid for. Postgraduate degrees are not funded in the same way.

House in Dubai? Council flat in Firth Park more like.

I genuinely don't know about having degrees funded, whether they're undergrad or postgrad because that was never the case with mine, my parents paid out right for both of them, so get another critical post that is completely incorrect.

Considering you don't know me then I understand you may not believe me about my house/property I own etc but that doesn't change the fact it's the truth.

To be fair he doesn't say who paid for the University degrees. The wording could be interpreted as being paid by someone else, or being paid personally.

When I say paid for I mean paid for by my parents rather than being free like my school and sixth form was. Grants finished well before I started uni so I never even considered it being interpreted that way.

Thanks for trying to pull me down there but once again epic fail!!

---------- Post added 13-10-2015 at 20:30 ----------

I genuinely don't know about having degrees funded, whether they're undergrad or postgrad because that was never the case with mine, my parents paid out right for both of them, so get another critical post that is completely incorrect.

Considering you don't know me then I understand you may not believe me about my house/property I own etc but that doesn't change the fact it's the truth.

If I disregarded everything else in this thread, I would decide to question this person's opinions based on the fact they don't know whether or not other people have to fund their own degrees, whether undergraduate or postgraduate, because their parents threw money at them. A lack of awareness that speaks volumes.

If I disregarded everything else in this thread, I would decide to question this person's opinions based on the fact they don't know whether or not other people have to fund their own degrees, whether undergraduate or postgraduate, because their parents threw money at them. A lack of awareness that speaks volumes.

Ooohhhh would you like a saucer of milk with that.

Before I started my undergraduate degree a means tested form was issued to my parents to find out if/how much I would qualify for towards my degree, following the myriad of personal and intrusive questions my parents decided they didn't want to disclose such information when they already knew I would get very little if any funding towards my degree so therefore decided to pay for it outright themselves.

Whilst at uni I never discussed finances with any other students so had and still have no idea how much help any of them had financially from the government/parents/family etc, and to be honest why would I want to know it would make absolutely no difference to my life.

The fact I have parents who can afford to do that for me doesn't make a single shred of difference to the fact that I studied hard and gained two degrees, and now hold down a successful job.

I need not justify my situation but I hope that helps you feel less bitter.

Most teachers blame the parents, while most parents blame the teachers.

Let us be honest - there are far, far more parents laying the blame at the feet of teachers, than there are teachers laying the blame on parents.

Therefore - it is without doubt, down to poor teaching that results in bad children in schools.