Taxpayer support

There was a very good article in the Observer (Compiled from research from the Joseph Rowntree Foundation; Full Fact; National Institute of Economic and Social Research) which tries to separate the myths from the realities about people on Social Security benefits. Certainly worth a read:

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2013/apr/06/welfare-britain-facts-myths

EDIT: Obviously this post can be ignored by Ron Jeremy, as he takes discards statistics preferring his own opinions.

It supports my opinion that the system need major reform and it uses unproven assumptions to counter the opinions of the public.

For instance.

For 2011-12 it is estimated that 0.8%, or £1.2bn, of total benefit expenditure was overpaid as a result of fraud. This is far lower than the figures widely believed by the public, as revealed repeatedly in opinion polls. A TUC poll recently revealed that people believe 27% of the welfare budget is claimed fraudulently.

Their 0.8% figure is no more likley to be accurate than the 27% figure. That is the nature of fraud, you can only ever know the about the detected fraud, undetected fraud remains undetected so any figure is just a guess, if you don't know anyone that is fiddling the system its likley that your guess will be low, if I know many people that are fiddling the system then my guess will likley be high.

---------- Post added 15-10-2015 at 07:17 ----------

and don't blame people with 12 kids and a working partner taking advantage of their policies :hihi::hihi::hihi:

I don't blame the people claiming, I blame government policies and everyone that supports those policies.

What has this to do with benefits?
Can you remind me what the thread title is, Ron? :rolleyes:

If large corporates paid their full share a bit more than the absolute minimum they can get away with on the absolute minimum profit portion which they can't offshore out of the UK for love or money, the middle class taxpayer wouldn't have to bear as heavy a burden towards maintaining public services funding State-sponsored lifestyles (miscellaneously including phantasy scroungers, real-life disabled and otherwise afflicted persons, and underpaid workers in receipt of 'work benefits').

There are plenty of those in and around Sheffield. Just have a walk round firth park. There's plenty. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty plenty plenty of decent hardworking people there, but there are plenty of others who rely on their generous benefits... generationally.

Plenty of them, the people at the Rowntree foundation are just too stupid to find them I guess.

Edited by Cyclone
Corrected name of foundation

Or perhaps you only imagine that you know the entire work history of 3 generations of people because you see them in a park...

There's plenty of anecdotal evidence. Let's put it this way, I'll bet if the telegraph or the times commissioned someone to do a similar survey they'd have found some.

I'm going with not then, because you've said yourself that you can't prove it.

---------- Post added 15-10-2015 at 12:47 ----------

There's plenty of anecdotal evidence. Let's put it this way, I'll bet if the telegraph or the times commissioned someone to do a similar survey they'd have found some.

So it's all just a big conspiracy to misrepresent the facts, despite the fact that the government are doing all they can to spin benefits claimants of all kinds as stealing scum...

You'll excuse me for not being that gullible.

I'm going with not then, because you've said yourself that you can't prove it.

---------- Post added 15-10-2015 at 12:47 ----------

So it's all just a big conspiracy to misrepresent the facts, despite the fact that the government are doing all they can to spin benefits claimants of all kinds as stealing scum...

You'll excuse me for not being that gullible.

Please yourself - but bear in mind it is a fact.