Taxpayer support

You're an evidence denier, you expect me to believe something that the Roundtree Foundation looked for and couldn't find, yet you can't present any evidence that it exists... I suppose you believe in Santa and God as well.

---------- Post added 16-10-2015 at 08:41 ----------

So why do they "need to cut big time" at all, if it's obvious that it's going to create hardship for the poorest working people?

They don't need to make massive cuts in one go. Incremental cuts would be better but they wouldnt want to do that after 2017-18. I don't agree with the way they are doing things just trying to explain why.

Not that the Roundtree Foundation is government, but the best explanation you can come up with is "not a lot of effort"? They didn't even think to ask the general public and have people like Ron pop up to share what they "know" about the family 5 doors down.

What effort are you claiming they put into it and how did they gain access to the records of everyone on benefits?

Not that the Roundtree Foundation is government, but the best explanation you can come up with is "not a lot of effort"? They didn't even think to ask the general public and have people like Ron pop up to share what they "know" about the family 5 doors down.

But the JRF has an agender, a noble one, but an agender none the less. They've also stated that 2 million children go without "necessities" which is a big number - they "found" those easy enough because they don't want to see benefits cut. They won't want to "find" families where nobody has worked for 3 generations because the right wing press and the Tories will use it as an example of broken Britain and cut more.

https://www.jrf.org.uk/press/major-new-poverty-survey-finds-two-million-children-without-‘necessities-life’

They don't need to make massive cuts in one go. Incremental cuts would be better but they wouldnt want to do that after 2017-18. I don't agree with the way they are doing things just trying to explain why.

Why do they need to make cuts to in work benefits?

---------- Post added 16-10-2015 at 13:40 ----------

But the JRF has an agender, a noble one, but an agender none the less. They've also stated that 2 million children go without "necessities" which is a big number - they "found" those easy enough because they don't want to see benefits cut. They won't want to "find" families where nobody has worked for 3 generations because the right wing press and the Tories will use it as an example of broken Britain and cut more.

https://www.jrf.org.uk/press/major-new-poverty-survey-finds-two-million-children-without-‘necessities-life’

I certainly don't agree with many of the conclusions they reach. But I wouldn't accuse them of lying or failing to find evidence that is available.

How do you know they wont want to find? Did you read the article and the survey it was based on? I get where you are coming from, but I think you overemphasise their willingness to distort their own research.

Will there though? Or is that just the spin that the Tories would like you to believe.

Have you ever actually looked at the numbers for long term unemployment?

If you're employed for a couple of weeks and then go back on the dole would this take you out of the long term group? Genuine question..