Taxpayer support

Proof please Ron! Or stop talking rubbish!

Not rubbish, but I will stop talking. I have no proof, just experience and extrapolation from that experience. I can only speak from my experience - statistics and data is nearly always biased and so are the media.

Not rubbish, but I will stop talking. I have no proof, just experience and extrapolation from that experience. I can only speak from my experience - statistics and data is nearly always biased and so are the media.

On here if there's not a web page or news article dedicated to it then it didn't/doesn't happen ;) there's none so blind as those who will not see.

On here if there's not a web page or news article dedicated to it then it didn't/doesn't happen ;) there's none so blind as those who will not see.

I agree - I can see, I can experience, I can know. I can also read a news article and see between the lines. This one was perfectly clear to me.

Its a question of evidence to back up your assertion. If you dont have anything to back it up other than your own experience then its hard to persuade others.

What a bizarre assertion. Data can't be biased, data just is.

And personal experience is by definition limited. It can't be representative and should never be given weight over statistics or real data.

This is true - and perhaps absolute data just is - but the interpretation and presentation is nearly always biased. Data collected can be selective, hence a biased presentation of data. I am assessed every month by ONS I give data - who knows what I give is true or not? It is added to data.

---------- Post added 24-10-2015 at 21:49 ----------

Its a question of evidence to back up your assertion. If you dont have anything to back it up other than your own experience then its hard to persuade others.

I recognise that - but it doesn't make it untrue.

This is true - and perhaps absolute data just is - but the interpretation and presentation is nearly always biased. Data collected can be selective, hence a biased presentation of data. I am assessed every month by ONS I give data - who knows what I give is true or not? It is added to data.

---------- Post added 24-10-2015 at 21:49 ----------

I recognise that - but it doesn't make it untrue.

No but it makes it less reliable and thus less credible.

Data isnt biased you just have to be able to interpret it correctly.