Taxpayer support

Anyone who thinks that their own experience of an issue is somehow representative.

I certainly don't have a problem with the truth. I do of course want evidence for truths, evidence you seem unable to provide.

You know your anecdote is true, but that doesn't make it representative in any way. Let's say I believe you, it doesn't alter my opinion because it's just a single anecdote.

I certainly don't believe what the government tells me. They're masters of spin, and unfortunately you're falling for it. They want to demonise the poor, they want you to think that the NHS is failing, they want you to think that "we're all in it together". None of these things are true.

Apologies if I mixed you up with someone else regarding seeing people in the park.

If I were to apply your logic. I don't know a single unemployed person. So by my personal experience, we have 100% employment, and nearly everyone has a degree and a career and is a home owner.

Clearly that's nonsense, but it's what my personal experience would suggest.

Edited by Cyclone

Anyone who thinks that their own experience of an issue is somehow representative.

I certainly don't have a problem with the truth. I do of course want evidence for truths, evidence you seem unable to provide.

You know your anecdote is true, but that doesn't make it representative in any way. Let's say I believe you, it doesn't alter my opinion because it's just a single anecdote.

I certainly don't believe what the government tells me. They're masters of spin, and unfortunately you're falling for it. They want to demonise the poor, they want you to think that the NHS is failing, they want you to think that "we're all in it together". None of these things are true.

Apologies if I mixed you up with someone else regarding seeing people in the park.

If I were to apply your logic. I don't know a single unemployed person. So by my personal experience, we have 100% employment, and nearly everyone has a degree and a career and is a home owner.

Clearly that's nonsense, but it's what my personal experience would suggest.

No I accept some of that. The park thing you are right about. It was supposed to be me, but it was something that someone else said.

Your selective belief of statistics is concerning. When it suits you it's true when it doesn't- it's Tory spin :D

Are you saying that the woman in the OP doesn't exist? And that the DM has just made it up?

And that the program on channel5 wasn't true either? No is the answer to both, and combined with my own multiple experiences makes me know that what I'm saying is true.

What gives you the impression that that is how I look at statistics.

I actually have an advanced understanding of stats to investigate them and any analysis given to explain them.

---------- Post added 25-10-2015 at 11:06 ----------

And the fact that you believe some media spin and anecdotes over the actual data is the key to this argument. You believe the spin and PR, I believe the statistics.

What you're saying is demonstrably not true on a large scale. You've taken personal experience and some TV that doesn't even pretend to be impartial and believe that these demonstrate the norm, they don't, they're outliers.

Edited by Cyclone

What gives you the impression that that is how I look at statistics.

I actually have an advanced understanding of stats to investigate them and any analysis given to explain them.

---------- Post added 25-10-2015 at 11:06 ----------

And the fact that you believe some media spin and anecdotes over the actual data is the key to this argument. You believe the spin and PR, I believe the statistics.

Congratulations. I'm impressed.

Ever heard of Disraeli?

• 5 weeks later...

I heard a story on radio four about a Bradford family, that only a few months ago were a family living in Syria, they are refugees to this country. They were asked about what benefits they received, they said housing benefit, and in total for their family, the benefits were £1.500 per month. I thought Cameron had stopped non-EU benefits?

I heard a story on radio four about a Bradford family, that only a few months ago were a family living in Syria, they are refugees to this country. They were asked about what benefits they received, they said housing benefit, and in total for their family, the benefits were £1.500 per month. I thought Cameron had stopped non-EU benefits?

Not for genuine asylum seekers