To retired people

I think it was last week on radio 2, about immigration from France to England, 15000 come in and 10000 go out per year, or it could have been 150000 and 100000, sorry the Italian red wine is just kicking in.

poppins,

North central Florida may be just the place for you,I live between Gainsville and Jacksonville. 2 acres and a 4 bedder costs about 150 grand. Come on down you'll love it.

Texas & Florida..

Don't care for Florida much , think it's going to be a toss-up between Greenville SC or Roswell GA, we have family in both places, but i have a feeling it's going to be GA, just looking forward to having a nice new house, in-ground pool and travelin money left over, health permitting of course.

People seem to think we should go into one of those nice senior living places, golf course ect, old enough but not quite ready to be told what we can do and what we can't do if you know what i mean, also most of the homes in those places are wonderfull but most of them you only own the house and not the property, NO GOOD!

Anyhow thanks for asking, sorry you asked now, i bet!:rolleyes:

Arthur, Enjoy it, what a beautiful country. We lived in Nice for three years due to work but enjoyed touring all over the country. The lovely Loire, The amazing Alps, beautiful Biarritz , ravishing Riviera - oh I could go on. I miss it very much. The French are so lucky to have everything, and they know it!

Arthur, Enjoy it, what a beautiful country. We lived in Nice for three years due to work but enjoyed touring all over the country. The lovely Loire, The amazing Alps, beautiful Biarritz , ravishing Riviera - oh I could go on. I miss it very much. The French are so lucky to have everything, and they know it!
Hi Trishee, I certainly am enjoying it, I have had a bungalow built on the edge of a village inSW Poitiou Charante, I leave all my gardening tools out, car unlocked, motor mower with the key in, not purposely may Iadd but every things there the next day, how many people dare do that in sheffield.

Too true Arthur! Admittedly there are the problem youth in the large French cities too but the gendarmes are very hard on them as we personally have seen. They soon run off with their tails between their legs having been slapped about by gun-toting policemen and shown up in front of their hangers-on. We must toughen up in the UK as the kids here have no respect for the law.

Manchester is full of horrible people!

I had a bad experiance on a night out there :(

Nat

xx

Thanks Natasha — I thought I was a very nice naturalised Manchester (came here in 1951) person. Your problem was probably you went to the wrong place at the wrong time, without seeking advice first!

Archived