To retired people

Quite right - and the same applies to most of the French who grumble about the English. A little more contact may be what is needed - though one can understand the plight of rural French people who are priced out of the housing market by incoming Brits.

Hey Dudes...life Is What You Make It, Sheffield, Canada, Europe And Yes Even France Are Are Wonderfull Places To Hang You Hat As Long As You Have Your Health.............money Doesn't Make You Happy! But It Certainly Puts A Smile On Your Face!:)

I have had a cheeky thought I'm in my mid forties and have another 20 years before I retire. I always wondered when the time came If I could get myself an old age pension in England, have it paid into a account and use it for yearly holidays in England.

StJohn, Cincinnati

I have had a cheeky thought I'm in my mid forties and have another 20 years before I retire. I always wondered when the time came If I could get myself an old age pension in England, have it paid into a account and use it for yearly holidays in England.

StJohn, Cincinnati

The answer is yes but as said befor pick your country ,if paid into it then you draw British OAP in 95% of country's around the world but only some give you the year's increase leave it in U.K lots do

Greetings retired and semi-retired people,

If you have the money, health, time and inclination please leave england and spend some

serious time in another part of the world, view it with an open mind and don't write off an

entire country and people because there was something you did'nt like about the place.

France is OK but i like Southern Spain and NSW Australia but alas cannot afford to retire

in either, must admit i do envy people who can.

I'm a bit embarrassed thisthread came up again and I have to read my old posts because i'm still here in Connecticut, never did make the move, my husbands health isn't the best, so I'm pleased it worked out and we didn't move, although I miss my family sown south, I just wish they could afford to move back up here....but yes! everything sounded good for a while, but just didn't work out I'm afraid :|

If you have retired ,done it all, seen it all,want a new life ,sell up, come to rural France , [thats if your house is paid for] you will most likely have a better car , better house, a nice bit of land, and a nicer bank balance. Arthur.

I sort of did that but buggered off to Indonesia. Allowed me to retire at 45. :)

Archived