To retired people

I like it here in Sheffield. Speak the local lingo and everything is on your door step. Hospitals are not far away, and whatever else you will probably want. Go South a bit for Lincolnshire and Notts, West for the Peak District and North for the Yorkshire Dales.

France is a beautiful Country but I don't talk French. If I was to emigrate then New Zealand for me.

Is it correct peter passed away recently

Yes, I got a phone call and email from my Sheffield mates and I went to see them last year and Peter was there. He seemed fine but listening to his medical history he had been through the mill. Sadly missed,never forgotten

I been here about 40 years Arthur, but born, bred and raised in Sheffield,all my familys still there, funny as i have a family member in Sheffield thats been on this forum over a year now after i told them to join up, and from accross the pond of all places!

Poppins I HAVE RELATIVES IN AUS ARTHUR

Greetings retired and semi-retired people,

If you have the money, health, time and inclination please leave england and spend some

serious time in another part of the world, view it with an open mind and don't write off an

entire country and people because there was something you did'nt like about the place.

France is OK but i like Southern Spain and NSW Australia but alas cannot afford to retire

in either, must admit i do envy people who can.

WELL SAID asti THE DAY WILL ARRIVE ARTHUR

Arthur what's the position regarding healthcare. I understood that the French had withdrawn state support for incommers.
That's not correct, there is a reciprocal system here which pays the lions share, but it is essential [not compulsory] to take out a top up heath ins; which the cost varies by age, but it is worth the cost, [it would have cost me several thousands pounds] almost no waiting lists, no more than 2 in a ward and treatment the very best in every way. Arthur

France is full of foreigners, all they do is burn our sheep and go on strike. Conwall is a much nicer place to retire to.
l AGREE, CORNWALL WAS A FAVOURITE PLACE OF MINE, BUT TO BUY WHAT I HAVE HERE IN CORNWALL , WOULD SET ME BACK APPROX; 1/2 A MILLION, IT HAS COST ME JUST OVER 100 GRAND, THAT'S THE DIFFERENCE, BY THE WAY I AM A PITSMOOR LAD. ARTHUR.

My husband and i are doing that right now, retired from full time work, house paid for (took about 28 years) now moving south from connecticut where the houses and tax are half the price, warmer weather, having a brand new house built, in-ground pool ,buying new furniture, money left over to travel, we will also be able to afford to have someone to take care of the pool, property and house cleaning, what more could we ask for ?

Poppins

You gonna leave me here all on my lonesome Poppins? just think, no more Rell, no more Uconn women, ten bucks for a pack of cigs ( glad I quit )

You would have to be hard up not to be able to live and retire in this area asti, Port Kembla, NSW, by the way, thats a storm cloud, this is where we old Sheffielders go when we get a bit homesick.

100_0988.jpg

This is looking the opposite way from the same spot.

100_0986.jpg

Or looking down.

100_0984.jpg

Archived