First 'new' grammar school in 50 years

You seem to get the wrong end of the stick with each post. Your "superior" grammar school education seems to have been wasted on you.

The segregation comes from the 11 plus exam, not from grading within schools. All schools grade but there is no segregation under the comprehensive system.

Now let's see you get the wrong end of the stick again.

I will attempt to enlighten you.

Grading in schools is decided because of ability which is the same criteria as the 11 plus examination used.

Both select the best route for the child.

Which type of school did you attend and did the experience leave you with a feeling of being inferior or superior ?

Edited by harvey19

I will attempt to enlighten you.

Grading in schools is decided because of ability which is the same criteria as the 11 plus examination used.

Both select the best route for the child.

Which type of school did you attend and did the experience leave you with a feeling of being inferior or superior ?

The Grammar schools used a ype of grading, based, I believe, in what your 11 plus scores were in the first form, thence in how you performed in the following years. You would start out in Form 1A, !B, and 1C, improving or declining in each following year. In the end product, less than 50% graduated with a School Certificate, and would probably been better off in a Tech school. My own School Certificate was able to advance me both in Industry and the Royal Navy, but I hope made me grateful and not superior.