Dronfield - Blue Stoops - new owners?

I've noticed over the past week or so that the mental barriers around the car park of the Blue Stoops have been removed. I got talking to someone yesterday who is friends with the bar manager in the Manor House - they have supposedly been told that the Stoops has been bought by the guy who owns the Forum, Old House, The York etc in Sheffield.

Good news if true, be a shame to see the Stoops go to waste.

I've noticed over the past week or so that the mental barriers around the car park of the Blue Stoops have been removed. I got talking to someone yesterday who is friends with the bar manager in the Manor House - they have supposedly been told that the Stoops has been bought by the guy who owns the Forum, Old House, The York etc in Sheffield.

Yes, True North Brew Company (formerly known as Forum Cafe Bars) have bought the pub off Enterprise Inns, they are doing a little bit of work so the building gets through winter OK then in the autumn it will undergo a refurbishment and be relaunched along similar lines to the Broadfield and British Oak.

Yes, True North Brew Company (formerly known as Forum Cafe Bars) have bought the pub off Enterprise Inns, they are doing a little bit of work so the building gets through winter OK then in the autumn it will undergo a refurbishment and be relaunched along similar lines to the Broadfield and British Oak.

Great news! I'll look forward to the relaunch next year.

• 2 months later...
Anyone heard owt about how this is going?

Work has taken place for the building to survive winter, work on the refurbishment begins in the Spring with an aim to open in May.

The Blue Stoops will also be taking part in the Three Valleys Festival on the 4th June.

I Know owner of the oldhouse, forum, common room, british oak, Broadfield.......

He knows what he is doing and will spend some decent cash on whatever he buys and make it into a thriving pub resterant like all the above places.

Should be good and like to have a pint in the blue stoops before having a delicious curry at the samad cottage.

Edited by Starlc

Work has taken place for the building to survive winter, work on the refurbishment begins in the Spring with an aim to open in May.

The Blue Stoops will also be taking part in the Three Valleys Festival on the 4th June.

Great news.

On the subject of pubs in and around Dronfield, it's a real shame the Hearty Oak is still out of action. As is the Horns Inn @ Holmesfield.

Great news.

On the subject of pubs in and around Dronfield, it's a real shame the Hearty Oak is still out of action. As is the Horns Inn @ Holmesfield.

Horns is to be demolished to make way for a housing development although that hasn't received planning permission as yet.

Hearty Oak is still on the market by the looks of it.