Dronfield - Blue Stoops - new owners?

• 1 month later...

There have been complications that have delayed work beginning and the Stoops will no longer be in 3 valleys this year as they won't be open in time.

Things are happening behind the scenes and should still be open in the summer, True North is a company that does things properly and professionally so they won't cut corners to open sooner.

• 2 months later...

It's on a pretty poor website - pictures taken from inside the Stoops last weekend, followed by the following article:

If you’re anything like me, the last time you thought about the Blue Stoops, it was Christmas and you were outside talking nonsense to people who had come back to Dronfield for the seasonal festivities. Perhaps, a lad dressed as Santa punched your friend in the face? (Remember that, Elliott?)

Well, independent brewers True North Brew Co (http://www.truenorthbrewco.uk/) have bought The Blue Stoops, and they intend not just to restore it, but to upgrade it to a more worthy status as a gastro pub with the introduction of a new commercial kitchen.

You may remember True North Brew Co from other boozy establishments such as: The Forum Bar, The Old House, The Common Room, The York, The Broadfield and The Riverside. Basically, a company capable of running many venues with individual identities, simultaneously.

I had the good fortune of bumping into a few members of the True North Brew Co at Dronfield Business Forum, a monthly networking event for local businesses hosted at 10a High Street, on Wednesday. I’m scant on the details but they assured me later this year the refurbishment will be finished, with not just a commercial kitchen, but an upgraded bar and a desperately sought function room.

If their other venues and reputation as brewers are anything to go by, I think Dronfield can expect the new Blue Stoops to deliver a totally new style of public house. Something which is badly needed.

• 1 month later...

The mental barriers??

I've noticed over the past week or so that the mental barriers around the car park of the Blue Stoops have been removed. I got talking to someone yesterday who is friends with the bar manager in the Manor House - they have supposedly been told that the Stoops has been bought by the guy who owns the Forum, Old House, The York etc in Sheffield.

Good news if true, be a shame to see the Stoops go to waste.