Having a dental implant

I currently have a single tooth pallet----I also have a condition causing "dry Mouth"--I have had tablets to make saliva -which do not work---I can ease the dry mouth condition with sugar free chewing gum but not with the pallet in---

Is it possible to have an implant when the tooth has been extracted for over a year ?

A dental implant is not for the fainthearted.

My daughter had one as a late teenager following dental trauma many years before.

The bone in her upper jaw was thin so she first had to have a bone graft taken from her lower jaw which took several months to 'take' enough for the dental surgeon to drill into her upper jaw to put the rod in onto which the new tooth is screwed.

It was a very long and painful process for her as the initial trauma was when she was a toddler. But after years of braces and having to wear an upper palate with false tooth attached she says it was worth it.

The end result is remarkable thanks to the skill of those at Charles Clifford Dental Hospital We are very fortunate to have this centre of excellence in Sheffield.

A dental implant is not for the fainthearted.

My daughter had one as a late teenager following dental trauma many years before.

The bone in her upper jaw was thin so she first had to have a bone graft taken from her lower jaw which took several months to 'take' enough for the dental surgeon to drill into her upper jaw to put the rod in onto which the new tooth is screwed.

It was a very long and painful process for her as the initial trauma was when she was a toddler. But after years of braces and having to wear an upper palate with false tooth attached she says it was worth it.

The end result is remarkable thanks to the skill of those at Charles Clifford Dental Hospital We are very fortunate to have this centre of excellence in Sheffield.

My wife had one done at C.C. about £2.000 straight forward job no problems. :hihi:

From my understanding Charles Clifford do not carry out cosmetic dentistry . Anyone having an implant for only £2000 in the UK are very fortunate .
..........rip off Britain again! you can have an implant done abroad for a fraction of the price ,and top class too.