Electric bike STOLEN

My electric bike was stolen last night 15th October from Millsands in the City centre.

This bike was securely locked with a decent lock.

The bike is an EBCO in black.

There was just enough charge on it to get me home around 4 miles so I've no doubt the power has since gone and I have the charger at home.

This bike is incredibally hard to ride without electric assistance so may go on sale on the usuall sites without a charger.

Please email me at paultansley59@yahoo.co.uk if you have any sightings or know the whereabouts of the bike.

I have reported this to the police and will let the usuall bike shops know in case.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

I fancy an electric bike... How much do you think they want for it? ;)

On a serious note though: A lot of these are getting nicked in the Netherlands and trucked straight down to Eastern Europe. Kf you are thinking of replacing it, consider a tracking system, the Dutch police regularly organises interpol raids that retrieve a fair number of these.

Was the cycle parked in a public place? Was there likely to be CCTV coverage of it? If so, you can request a copy of the CCTV tape under The Freedom Of Information Act and then submit the evidence to the police. Make sure that you retain your receipt for the bike.

No CCTV footage i'm afraid it was locked to a bike shelter in the City Centre my place of work,, I'm not buying another one to be honest it would have needed a charger and the bike need a good service as there not cheap on repairs and the battery needed replacing so if anyone has bought it cheap then get ready for an expensive service and part replacement