Electric bike STOLEN

Yes they were. "Off topic" posts are made to, hopefully, improve the knowledge of those who post something incorrect and ensure that those who have read that post are not misled.

I feel sure the poster who first mentioned OFSTED was being humorous.

What type of lock were you using? This has me worried as I sometimes cycle in to town

My electric bike was stolen last night 15th October from Millsands in the City centre.

This bike was securely locked with a decent lock.

The bike is an EBCO in black.

There was just enough charge on it to get me home around 4 miles so I've no doubt the power has since gone and I have the charger at home.

This bike is incredibally hard to ride without electric assistance so may go on sale on the usuall sites without a charger.

Please email me at paultansley59@yahoo.co.uk if you have any sightings or know the whereabouts of the bike.

I have reported this to the police and will let the usuall bike shops know in case.

Thanks

What type of lock were you using? This has me worried as I sometimes cycle in to town

Sad to say, whatever you use, if someone wants it enough they will get it; as we have seen, even locked in one of the little steel bike garages.

The following video shows either how poor even the best chains are, or how good the best bolt cutters are :rolleyes:

Some of these chain weigh almost as much as a lightweight bike.

Arguably Almax is one of the best, but just not practical for a pedal cycle, other than at home.

p.s. U locks, snake locks and cables chop just as easy as chains :(

I think all you can do is make your bike a more difficult target than those surrounding it.

Was the cycle parked in a public place? Was there likely to be CCTV coverage of it? If so, you can request a copy of the CCTV tape under The Freedom Of Information Act and then submit the evidence to the police. Make sure that you retain your receipt for the bike.

FOI doesn't require them to hand over CCTV, perhaps you mean the DPA?

But that only requires them to hand over CCTV with YOU in it, not your property, and not someone stealing it.

---------- Post added 16-12-2015 at 09:48 ----------

For anyone who has a valuable bike

http://www.spybike.com/

A GPS tracker might be worth as much as a decent lock...

They weren't in infant schools then.

Anyway...why do people on this forum always have to go off topic?

Yes they were. "Off topic" posts are made to, hopefully, improve the knowledge of those who post something incorrect and ensure that those who have read that post are not misled.

I feel sure the poster who first mentioned OFSTED was being humorous.

Well, in that case, I never saw any OFSTED people at primary school. Maybe they just weren't as heavily regulated back then.

I don't know if OFSTED were there or not but I just thought it was a wee joke. Sorry if you're upset.

not upset lol :)

:D Arguing about OFSTED in a thread about a stolen bike. I love this forum. :hihi:

No CCTV footage i'm afraid it was locked to a bike shelter in the City Centre my place of work,, I'm not buying another one to be honest it would have needed a charger and the bike need a good service as there not cheap on repairs and the battery needed replacing so if anyone has bought it cheap then get ready for an expensive service and part replacement

Well, we'll make sure we watch out for anyone enquiring about e-bike batteries and chargers in our store, perhaps other Sheffield E-bike retailers could be made aware too..