Why did Sheffield Forum Admin & Moderators deleted their old posts?

I was impressed by a nice post by the Moderator alisonmaniac so I looked at her old posts only to find that there weren't any.

She isn't alone though because it looks like moderators old posts have been removed from history. Is there some reason to do it and can anyone do it?

Her post count is over 4k and goes back years. It's the same for the others.

alisonmanic

Geek Girl

Total Posts: 4,995

But as you say only 322 posts show. I'm only using her as an example. It's not a complaint. :)

Edited by Eric Arthur

Her post count is over 4k and goes back years. It's the same for the others.

I see what you mean but it doesn't seem to be restricted to the Mods.

A quick look shows my results are way below my historical total and even yours are slightly lower.

I think explanations have been offered in the past but I don't recall the details.

Old adverts are removed, some threads are removed due to moderation, this accounts for some of the discrepancy as when posts are removed post counts are not adjusted.

There's a big difference between 300 and 4000 though, which seems odd.

---------- Post added 16-10-2015 at 09:35 ----------

I suspect that the search has been limited, clicking on my own "find posts by user" there are only posts from this year! And I know for a fact that older ones exist as I see them occasionally when someone resurrects a thread.

It looks to me like everyone's posts are restricted to the last 500 posts...Maybe they're archived somehow? I don't actually know. I suppose in essence, they can't all be made 'live' as I would imagine that would take up valuable bandwidth and space. But I'm just speculating.

I suppose Medusa or Geoff would know.

All the searches are limited to the last 500.

Also I believe that all the posts/reports etc that admin, mods and forum helpers make 'behind the scenes' add to their post count but are obviously not visible to other forum users.

Edited by nikki-red

I was impressed by a nice post by the Moderator alisonmaniac so I looked at her old posts only to find that there weren't any.

You're making me blush!

Now I don't know what i find more scary, that the older posts are not show..or the fact I've done 500 posts since August lol.