Why did Sheffield Forum Admin & Moderators deleted their old posts?

I was impressed by a nice post by the Moderator alisonmaniac so I looked at her old posts only to find that there weren't any.

She isn't alone though because it looks like moderators old posts have been removed from history. Is there some reason to do it and can anyone do it?

I started a thread recently, questioning why the display of a post count was necessary. Not sure what forum rule that broke but it was quickly removed.

If you have a query why something was removed and didn't know why, then please contact the Helpdesk.

I was impressed by a nice post by the Moderator alisonmaniac so I looked at her old posts only to find that there weren't any.

She isn't alone though because it looks like moderators old posts have been removed from history. Is there some reason to do it and can anyone do it?

I found them right back to alisonmaniac's start date.

This is the first post they posted.

At least you can stand up and do something about it now - Sheffield is full of people who would look the other way at least you haven't and are now in a situation to do something about it

Searches only return 500 responses, but with the moderating and admin team a fair proportion of those 500 aren't visible to forum users because they are in the reports, training or mod areas.

If you want to see posts from the begin ning of someone's time on the forum just change the dates or the order in which the results show.

All the searches are limited to the last 500.

Also I believe that all the posts/reports etc that admin, mods and forum helpers make 'behind the scenes' add to their post count but are obviously not visible to other forum users.

How do we mere mortals delete a post , especially when we are in danger of serious embarrassment . :hihi: