Why did Sheffield Forum Admin & Moderators deleted their old posts?

If you have a query why something was removed and didn't know why, then please contact the Helpdesk.

Wouldn't it just be simpler to state on open forum why a post or thread has been removed, or if you must, PM the poster? why must we actively inquire at the "help desk" to find out why?

I bet you delete this and direct me to the help desk. :hihi:

This forum needs to get over itself.

Wouldn't it just be simpler to state on open forum why a post or thread has been removed, or if you must, PM the poster? why must we actively inquire at the "help desk" to find out why?

I bet you delete this and direct me to the help desk. :hihi:

This forum needs to get over itself.

No it wouldn't be simpler!...Most of the time, offensive or inappropriate posts are reported to us, via the report button. We look at it, make a decision and act on it appropriately...Most of the time, I'm assuming posts that do get deleted, the author knows full well why. Why should we get drawn into a public bun-fight by posting reasons?

If you really need it explained to you, there's a helpdesk who will answer your query as best they can.

No it wouldn't be simpler!...Most of the time, offensive or inappropriate posts are reported to us, via the report button. We look at it, make a decision and act on it appropriately...Most of the time, I'm assuming posts that do get deleted, the author knows full well why. Why should we get drawn into a public bun-fight by posting reasons?

If you really need it explained to you, there's a helpdesk who will answer your query as best they can.

:huh:

Why don't we just ban everyone?

That would make everything a lot simpler... :roll:

Is there a list of rules somewhere? I've yet to find it and I get regular bans for breaking rules I don't know about - when I enquire of the helpdesk - nothing - nada - zilch.

At the very bottom of the home page, there's a list of links:

Home - Contact Us - Archive - Privacy & Cookie Policy - Terms of Use & Rules - Top

Thus, it's in there.

But I will admit, it's not the most prominent thing on the page. The basic rules are towards the bottom of the page when you press the "terms of use and rules" link

Edited by PeteMorris

Is there a list of rules somewhere? I've yet to find it and I get regular bans for breaking rules I don't know about - when I enquire of the helpdesk - nothing - nada - zilch.

Don't say that here. You must contact the help desk to ask why the help desk never, ever, replies to anyone.

Alternatively you could look at the links at the bottom of every page where you will find the rules

Further everybody that contacts the helpdesk gets sent a response - if you don't get it then I suggest you sort out your email.

Closed.