Worst bar in sheffield

officegirl

There are lots of threads regarding the best bars in sheffield but what about the worst.

I was out last night with a few friends and had the misfortune of going to city bar aka the corner house aka henry's bar.

Well what a naff bar that has gone. What are the owners thinking, they have tryed to reinvent themselves again and im sorry to say its still awful.

We tried a round of cocktails off their menu and they were horrid, and if you have ever been out with me you know i dont leave a cocktail.

The cosmo was foul, salt round the rim, sours added, yuck. The staff were badly trained and still using cheat sheets even tho its the same menu from 3 years ago.

Perhaps its having to reinvent its self due to the area its in , but i think the owners have to realise its never going to be an up market bar if they produce undrinkable drinks at over priced prices. :rant:

I've said it before, but I've found Crystal to be so consistently appalling for service on a weeknight that I'll never set foot in there again. Also, I hated the only time I went into Ice bar (although I understand it's now "Uniq" or something so may have changed. Varsity seems to have a fairly poor atmosphere of lairy students, as does Cavendish (to be expected though) and I find S1's policy of letting in twice as many people as it can hold to not make for a pleasant experience.

worst bar in sheffield- has to be Revolution. Full of ******s and it takes an amazingly long time to get served. also- whats with the ****ty music.

Totally agree with you, I have been in that place twice and both times i hated it!

Maybe cos my mommy and daddy haven't bought me a porsche recently or maybe my mommy and daddy haven't given me a credit card to max out on the tiniest skirts and tops to wear to go in this place :hihi: :hihi:

worst bar in sheffield- has to be Revolution. Full of ******s and it takes an amazingly long time to get served. also- whats with the ****ty music.

Yup! Possibly S1 at times! Varsity at times, Empire at times.. All for above reasons :)

Totally agree with you, I have been in that place twice and both times i hated it!

Maybe cos my mommy and daddy haven't bought me a porsche recently or maybe my mommy and daddy haven't given me a credit card to max out on the tiniest skirts and tops to wear to go in this place :hihi: :hihi:

u have nailed it- i go out to have a laugh not to walk round with my toffee nose in the air!! ive only been a handful of times though.

another bad one was sharkeys- the toilets!! so we complained and what do u know- a week later the place shut down cos of bad management. nuff sed :gag:

I think V-Bar is crap! Theres usually only 2 people serving even on the busiest nights.Also the womens toilets there are absolutely appalling!

They are ALWAYS flooded which is horrible if you are wearing sandals etc and there is never any toilet roll. They really need to sort it out

Don't forget officegirl - the staff at City Bar claiming martinis aren't cocktails eventhough they are on the cocktail menu (and every other bar counts them as a cocktail), so they aren't covered by the 3 for 2 offer. Worse than that not telling you they aren't covered by the offer till you come to pay.

The martini was grim as well, bleurggh:gag:

It is also full of the fittest women on a weekend out of all of the bars in Sheffield that I have been in. I will admit that you get some tossers going there, but the eye-candy makes up for it. The music has been **** when they persist in playing hip-hop, but the house music they play isnt bad.

I hate Cavendish the most, really bad bar, so it Varsity. Anyone been in that new bar 23 since it opened?

Archived