Stargazing do you do it?

My girlfriend bought me a telescope/tripod/lenses as a present a couple of years ago. So far as I'm concerned, it just turns very small blobs of light (which I'm led to believe are stars) into slightly larger blobs of light, albeit upside down (not that it really matters).

The planet 'Moon' is interesting for about five minutes of staring, but it always looks the same.

Also, due to the fact that the the thing's faulty and turns things upside-down, it's pretty useless for spying on neighbours, unless I suspend myself by the ankles from the ceiling.

Pretty pointless hobby if you ask me.

Oh..Ok...no problem. It's just with you saying there are many, many, many, many, many nights. I thought you might have an idea of just how many...Even ball park figures!

My original comment, was because I 'do' have experience of this and at one point even had my own 6" reflector telescope. Which I would have loved to make a lot more use of, had the elements been favourable, which sadly they weren't and all too often it was an expensive ornament sat doing nothing because it was either too light (streetlight pollution), too light because of the moon being in the night sky, too cloudy, raining, snow, or even just passing clouds are an irritation. Or...Just too flippin' cold. :)

My point was that there are many many many nights in the year when the stars are visible. The viewing conditions might not be perfect, but it's still possible appreciate the night sky.

My point was that there are many many many nights in the year when the stars are visible. The viewing conditions might not be perfect, but it's still possible appreciate the night sky.

I do, still do and always will do...As and when the conditions are favourable :)

---------- Post added 19-10-2015 at 12:36 ----------

My girlfriend bought me a telescope/tripod/lenses as a present a couple of years ago. So far as I'm concerned, it just turns very small blobs of light (which I'm led to believe are stars) into slightly larger blobs of light, albeit upside down (not that it really matters).

The planet 'Moon' is interesting for about five minutes of staring, but it always looks the same.

Also, due to the fact that the the thing's faulty and turns things upside-down, it's pretty useless for spying on neighbours, unless I suspend myself by the ankles from the ceiling.

What's pointless?...Hanging upside down by your ankles?... :huh:

glad to see you're enjoying life

Do you think astronauts fly the shuttle right way up in space, or upside down.:huh: What is the right way up in space?:help: