Is this poster really sexist?

Is this advert sexist?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Is this advert sexist?

do they actually think this encourages gropers/perverts/attackers to commit the offense?

By that logic,maybe we should stop putting babies on posters so we don't encourage would be paedophiles? .

If you put a babies bottom on a poster with 'Good for squeezing, and shaking' many paedophiles would see it as a green light or affirmation for their actions, it doesn't take much to get a paedos mind working...funny how weirdos minds work, after all..do you include pics of your children's bottoms on the web with access for all?

Southeastern said it now recognised how it "may cause offence".

If it isn't sexist, objectifying or inappropriate why did they back-peddle? If the nation is behind Southeastern rail as indicated by the OP's poll, why not rescind the decision to remove the advert.

---------- Post added 18-10-2015 at 04:34 ----------

It reminds me of the Asda advert where she slaps her derriere,did that one get banned?:suspect:

Why would it? The Asda advert is a euphemism for saving money...in your back pocket. It has no sexual connotation whatsoever...the slapping is performed by males in that add also..but I guessed you missed that in favour of the females..one could almost accuse you of objectifying. :roll:

---------- Post added 18-10-2015 at 05:53 ----------

Stating that bums are good for squeezing is not a green light for strangers to go and do it to random people without consent, .

Yet as a green light I must take care in wet weather conditions in order not to bruise my squeezable butt...yep, really needed that advice :hihi:

I'm struggling to find what this 'safety poster' is trying to say..I mean it doesn't even give any advice on how to or how not to, other than 'take extra care' on top of what we all know and do anyway.

I just see it as uninformative patronising twaddle, waste of public money, and as one of the MP's says..ridiculous.

Edited by cassity

If you put a babies bottom on a poster with 'Good for squeezing, and shaking' many paedophiles would see it as a green light or affirmation for their actions, it doesn't take much to get a paedos mind working...funny how weirdos minds work, after all..do you include pics of your children's bottoms on the web with access for all?

Southeastern said it now recognised how it "may cause offence".

If it isn't sexist, objectifying or inappropriate why did they back-peddle? If the nation is behind Southeastern rail as indicated by the OP's poll, why not rescind the decision to remove the advert.

---------- Post added 18-10-2015 at 04:34 ----------

Why would it? The Asda advert is a euphemism for saving money...in your back pocket. It has no sexual connotation whatsoever...the slapping is performed by males in that add also..but I guessed you missed that in favour of the females..one could almost accuse you of objectifying. :roll:

---------- Post added 18-10-2015 at 05:53 ----------

Yet as a green light I must take care in wet weather conditions in order not to bruise my squeezable butt...yep, really needed that advice :hihi:

I'm struggling to find what this 'safety poster' is trying to say..I mean it doesn't even give any advice on how to or how not to, other than 'take extra care' on top of what we all know and do anyway.

I just see it as uninformative patronising twaddle, waste of public money, and as one of the MP's says..ridiculous.

Wow...so many points...so much to answer,where do I possibly start?:hihi:

If you find the advert sexist,then click the poll (or don't,its your choice).

The only reason Southeastern rail have taken the action that they have,is because they have had 2 MP's screaming "sexist!" at them.Had this been 2 normal Joe's of the street,I firmly believe the posters would still be in place.

Do these posters offend you?

Or are you offended on behalf of someone else?

---------- Post added 18-10-2015 at 13:08 ----------

Evening Standard

Seems to be big on the agenda at the Labour HQ.:roll:

Don't think for one minute I'm saying it's a good poster, it's not, It's a stupid waste of time and money.

Like you said, it doesn't actually offer any helpful advice. Worse than that, is talking about protecting the one part of our bodies that is naturally padded and usually takes a bump better than other parts of our bodies.

However, it doesn't encourage groping any more than car adverts encourage car theft.

Teresa Pearce is quoted as saying: "Women face sexual abuse and harassment every day on public transport and it was appalling to see that Southeastern think that it is OK to trivialise it in this way", so, surely the objection to the poster was that it could encourage behaviour such as this.

The British Transport Police obviously think it's a serious issue.

How does sitting on, squeezing or shaking one's own bottom encourage sexual abuse. :confused::huh:

Wow...so many points...so much to answer,where do I possibly start?

At the beginning?

If you find the advert sexist,then click the poll (or don't,its your choice).

And it's a choice I've made.

The only reason Southeastern rail have taken the action that they have,is because they have had 2 MP's screaming "sexist!" at them.Had this been 2 normal Joe's of the street,I firmly believe the posters would still be in place.

Conjecture.

Do these posters offend you?

Other than being offensive to basic intelligence...no.

Or are you offended on behalf of someone else?

Like who? Or is this a riddle?

How does sitting on, squeezing or shaking one's own bottom encourage sexual abuse.

I don’t imagine Teresa Pearce’s objection had anything to do with “sitting” on, or even “shaking” one’s own bottom, but more to do with the “squeezing”.

A personal question sandy18, so you don’t have to answer, but how often do you squeeze your own bottom?

I don’t imagine Teresa Pearce’s objection had anything to do with “sitting” on, or even “shaking” one’s own bottom, but more to do with the “squeezing”.

A personal question sandy18, so you don’t have to answer, but how often do you squeeze your own bottom?

I exercise every day and some of the exercises I do involve squeezing my bottom, it's very good for toning your bottom muscles.

Butt Squeeze Exercises.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/97657-butt-squeeze-exercises/

Sent

It doesn't have to be self-squeezing, plenty of consenting couples do it mutually. It doesn't mean strangers should do it without permission.

Sent It doesn't have to be self-squeezing, plenty of consenting couples do it mutually. It doesn't mean strangers should do it without permission.

I get the feeling some of you have taken the poster comment out of context, I don't think they are talking about squeezing another persons bottom. I sit on my bum, I shake my bum and I squeeze my bum.

They didn't mean, I sit on my bum, I shake my bum and I squeeze the bums of other people.

Although I can see how someone with a dirty mind might think that is what they meant. :hihi: