Footballers allow squatters to stay in their Manchester development

Apparently footballers Gary Neville and Ryan Giggs are allowing squatters to stay in a building they own before they develop it, over the winter? good luck boys! when you want to TAKE IT BACK:loopy: i can see all sorts of problems not least the the squatters wont want to move out and it will be pretty much trashed no matter what they say now.

stark raving mad to let them in:roll:

A generous gesture that may give the homeless people the necessary stability, albeit short term, to get sorted.

I share some of your concerns, and hope the owner's good intentions don't go awry, but trashing the place is not what squatters do as a matter of course, as your post seems to imply.

It's just very sad that on this day and age we have people living on the streets. .

Sounds like a cynical PR decision to me...

... so that they don't get too much negative publicity when time comes to evict them! :suspect:

They are my thoughts too . I guess they hope it works out cheaper and less hassle than going down the legal route .

Apparently footballers Gary Neville and Ryan Giggs are allowing squatters to stay in a building they own before they develop it, over the winter? good luck boys! when you want to TAKE IT BACK:loopy: i can see all sorts of problems not least the the squatters wont want to move out and it will be pretty much trashed no matter what they say now.

stark raving mad to let them in:roll:

I think you must be one of the most mean spirited, cynical and misanthropic individuals I've ever had the misfortune to come across.

You ever heard the expression 'the milk of human kindness'?

I think with you it's a case of the of the off yoghurt of human meanness.

I think you must be one of the most mean spirited, cynical and misanthropic individuals I've ever had the misfortune to come across.

You ever heard the expression 'the milk of human kindness'?

I think with you it's a case of the of the off yoghurt of human meanness.

:hihi::hihi: awww you're too kind:love:

but the fact remains that squatters very rarely look after the building they squat it, for most its a way of life getting out of the system, any places i have seen have been covered in anarchy graffiti, excrement in the back room and generally not nice people, Giggs and Neville will have the eyes of the media watching their every move when it comes to eviction time.

well Halibut i cant afford sentiment it costs too much as europe will see soon and so will these footballers. mark my words it will cost them thousands to get them out, for now the current squatters are reasonable others will not be!

Edited by slordy71

Smacks of nothing more than a PR stunt. After all what better way to get pages and pages of free advertising for your brand new shiny hotel project.

Lets see if they are so generous when the hotel is operation but has empty rooms. Would they let them stay in the unoccupied rooms then?

Smacks of nothing more than a PR stunt. After all what better way to get pages and pages of free advertising for your brand new shiny hotel project.

Lets see if they are so generous when the hotel is operation but has empty rooms. Would they let them stay in the unoccupied rooms then?

They could always try Kensington Palace or maybe Chatsworth plenty of spare living accommodation there.