Footballers allow squatters to stay in their Manchester development

They could always try Kensington Palace or maybe Chatsworth plenty of spare living accommodation there.

Here is an idea. They could TRY and use one of many hostels, shelters and homeless services that are provided for such purposes of an emergency bed for the night.

They could TRY and seek the help they need from our taxpayer funded local authority service. They could TRY and seek accommodation through our taxpayer funded social housing which is allocated for people are genuinely homeless and in desperate need.

They could TRY and get a job and pay for their own accommodation like the rest of us have to do.

Despite what all the leftie tosh says nobody, absolutely nobody NEEDS to be on the street. If they have no money, there are services for them. If they have mental health issues, there are services for them. If they are family in crisis, there are services for them.

If they CHOOSE to be on the street because they refuse to stay in hostels or prefer to be begging rather than earning legitimately then quite frankly they have made their own bed.

I have spent many of my earlier career dealing with exactly these issues. I was hands on dealing with "homeless" people from all backgrounds and circumstances from both sides. I am well aware of what is available and what many of them choose not to use.

Apparently footballers Gary Neville and Ryan Giggs are allowing squatters to stay in a building they own before they develop it, over the winter? good luck boys! when you want to TAKE IT BACK:loopy: i can see all sorts of problems not least the the squatters wont want to move out and it will be pretty much trashed no matter what they say now.

stark raving mad to let them in:roll:

Im sure they can afford to employ some muscle to " Remove " the squatters when the time comes they want rid of em .

but the fact remains that squatters very rarely look after the building they squat it, for most its a way of life getting out of the system, any places i have seen have been covered in anarchy graffiti, excrement in the back room and generally not nice people,

you obviously know absolutely nothing about squatting then

Im sure they can afford to employ some muscle to " Remove " the squatters when the time comes they want rid of em .

Precisely. The difference to the real world is spectacular. Nice gesture though.

Of course, in this case they won't have to act like in the real world. It just reels in lefty ideologists. I'm sure at some point, we'll see a twittphoto with the homeless people selfied with the players.

Just no idea.

:hihi::hihi: awww you're too kind:love:

but the fact remains that squatters very rarely look after the building they squat it, for most its a way of life getting out of the system,...

That is rubbish. Many squats are occupied with the intention of developing them into usefull community spaces. Often they are developed- until the point the authorities manage to acheive an eviction, when, obviously, any development is stopped.

---------- Post added 20-10-2015 at 10:06 ----------

Hope they look after it better than the one in Liverpool:

Inside the Bank of England building after Love Activists leave

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/inside-bank-england-building-after-9248551

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/love-activists-bank-graffiti-pledge-9092472

maybe they will

http://www.theguardian.com/cities/2015/jul/24/metelkova-ljubljana-abandoned-barracks-europe-squat

one of many squats developed into a successfull community space

They regulated squatting in the Netherlands by introducing anti-squat rules, this might seem contradictory, but what they effectively did was introduce anti-squat letting permits, empty buildings could be used for anti-squatting purposes until sold or redeveloped. What nobody really expected was that a lot of anti-squat communities redeveloped the buildings for the owners whilst living there.

My cousin was living in an old hospital in Groningen that was completely refurbished, basically the owner came round one day to see how things were, expressed his amazement at the fact that lots of doors and walls had been fixed and painted over and agreed to give the tennants' organisation (about 50 of them) a fund to continue redevelopment. After three years the place had a working heating system, solar panels, double glazing, all bedrooms had running water and independent electric boards as well as internet cabling.

It was perhaps not to a professional standard, but it was all certified. As the (mainly students) anti-squatters finished Uni they signed proper letting contracts with the landlord who now runs an apartment building with 40 flats in good nick.

I think its a smart move. The occupation had already happened so they avoided the kicking the homeless into the cold and instead enjoyed the footballing santas image.

They dont need the property and the guy running it is on record stating how grateful they are etc. They cna get them to look after the property and have people keep an eye to check no extra damage is done, although its likely to be gutted by the redevelopment anyway.

When it comes to the time after Christmas i expect them to move or they will have their own image damaged about what squatters are like. Lets see in February of whenever.

I was suprised they managed to get the building for only £1.5m.