Backdoor to Britain

After seeing the reports that a number of boats with refugees/immigrants have landed on the British Military base in Cyprus. I had two thoughts.

Was their target the British base in order to get to Britain by the back door?

How did these boats land on the base with such ease in the first place? You wouldn't be able to sail up to an American military base. You would be turned away well before getting close.

I agree the yanks would have blown them out of the water, I wonder if questions will be asked about security if a bunch of migrants in an inflatable dingy can wash ashore without anyone noticing.

IIRC migrants have landed at the base before, they were all re-homed on the island and never made it to Britain.

After seeing the reports that a number of boats with refugees/immigrants have landed on the British Military base in Cyprus. I had two thoughts.

Was their target the British base in order to get to Britain by the back door?

How did these boats land on the base with such ease in the first place? You wouldn't be able to sail up to an American military base. You would be turned away well before getting close.

Perhaps they are trying to reach North Cyprus that area has been invaded by Turkey.

The SBA Sovereign Base at Dhekelia was nearer but it isn't an airbase like Akrotiri.

From what I read the smugglers left them adrift off the peninsular at akrotiri thus definately in our waters, its a lot less clear cut in the bay at Dhekelia as to where Cypriot responsibility starts and ends.

Perhaps they want to learn military skills so they can quickly return home to help their fellow countrymen in the army to bring peace to their country.

It's easy making a sarcastic comment sat in the UK but if you were in Syria you would probably do the same.

It's easy making a sarcastic comment sat in the UK but if you were in Syria you would probably do the same.

Good job we did not all run away when the Germans were bombing the crap out of our Country , we all stood and fought no one ran away inc the fit young men.