Backdoor to Britain

Good job we did not all run away when the Germans were bombing the crap out of our Country , we all stood and fought no one ran away inc the fit young men.

Really? Read up on Dunkirk. The Russians did most of the fighting anyway and we couldn't get out of Britain without the Americans' help.

Good job we did not all run away when the Germans were bombing the crap out of our Country , we all stood and fought no one ran away inc the fit young men.

A slightly different situation . We had the British army along with our Allies on our side and it was only Germany who were bombing us . Also we were not killing each other because it was not a civil war like what has been happening in Syria for over four and half years .

Slightly moving away from this topic, it looks like some Syrians are literally getting on their bikes to enter Norway through the front door via Russia .

Did our young fit men run away?

Yes as he said read up on Dunkirk and we were forced to flee. We were an organised army then as well.

We were able to go back becayse we had a country to resupply and the Americans to support us.

If I was in Syria with Assad on one side and Isis on the other, then my priority would be to get my family to safety.

---------- Post added 23-10-2015 at 19:58 ----------

Anyway back on point. It will be a dangerous precedent if they give them asylum becayse then thousands will aim for the base. They would have to patrol offshore to try and deter them.

---------- Post added 23-10-2015 at 20:05 ----------

Don't they get benefits as soon as they claim asylum? If they do, expect more to follow. Seems the ratio of one immigrant to a hundred indigenous people will soon be tossed out of the window.

Thye get sypport from the Home Office once their official application for asylum has been made.

The current rates of support are:

Qualifying couple (married or in a civil partnership): £72.52

Lone parent aged 18 or over: £43.94

Single person aged 18 or over (not lone parent): £36.95

Single person aged 16/17: £39.80

Person aged under 16: £52.96

A slightly different situation . We had the British army along with our Allies on our side and it was only Germany who were bombing us . Also we were not killing each other because it was not a civil war like what has been happening in Syria for over four and half years .

Slightly moving away from this topic, it looks like some Syrians are literally getting on their bikes to enter Norway through the front door via Russia .

I saw the news report about this, slightly amusing if not for the subject matter but at one point it looked like the Tour de France peloton :hihi:

As long as they don't come scrounging here, wanting benefits, houses, health care, education and sympathy.

---------- Post added 23-10-2015 at 21:22 ----------

Yes as he said read up on Dunkirk and we were forced to flee. We were an organised army then as well.

We were able to go back becayse we had a country to resupply and the Americans to support us.

If I was in Syria with Assad on one side and Isis on the other, then my priority would be to get my family to safety.

---------- Post added 23-10-2015 at 19:58 ----------

Anyway back on point. It will be a dangerous precedent if they give them asylum becayse then thousands will aim for the base. They would have to patrol offshore to try and deter them.

---------- Post added 23-10-2015 at 20:05 ----------

Thye get sypport from the Home Office once their official application for asylum has been made.

The current rates of support are:

Qualifying couple (married or in a civil partnership): £72.52

Lone parent aged 18 or over: £43.94

Single person aged 18 or over (not lone parent): £36.95

Single person aged 16/17: £39.80

Person aged under 16: £52.96

I bet if they got nowt they wouldn't come!

Why don't we try it, even for a year and watch the 'asylum' applications drop.