Is anticipatory driving an irritant or good driving?

Pete Morris!! Well done I think you have behaved quite well.

I drive HGV and also have to allow for not blocking roundabouts and junctions. I have to allow for 45' behind me and often get the horn for not going forward on a green light. We are in a win no win situation - do you keep the people behind happy or block roundabouts/junctions and annoy the people to the right???? Forward planning is the future and try to assist in the traffic flow - MOST people are happy then.

Incidentally, a horn blow should be just an indication to let other road users that you are THERE! It is illegal to use a horn when stationery, according to the highway code.

I had the same thing this morning filtering off the A61 to turn right onto Corporation Street, there's only room for about 6/7 cars in the filter lane and then any extra traffic blocks the cars coming off Corporation Street. This is another junction that really needs some yellow hatches! The lights were on green but I knew if I went forward my back end would be sticking out across the junction so I just waited.

The guy behind me in his BMW and power suit beeped and started mouthing something so I just happily ignored him and carried on singing to Shania Twain :D

Anticipatory driving or defensive driving as I call it is essential today, considering the amount of traffic on the roads and the attitude of the 100's of selfish/ignorant drivers behind the wheel.

If I never had to drive again, it wouldn't bother me.

I second that. Hate the roads today, full of idiots in cars and on bikes. No sense. No consideration and no brains. I too hate this roundabout Pete speaks of, and have seen the build up, blocking the roundabout off.

I second that. Hate the roads today, full of idiots in cars and on bikes. No sense. No consideration and no brains. I too hate this roundabout Pete speaks of, and have seen the build up, blocking the roundabout off.

Spoilt yourself scania, there are as many considerate and bad cyclists as there are motorists