James Neil & C0

grannypat

I am trying to find my grandfather. He lived on Beeley Street between 1914 and 1930. He was mechanical engineer and I think it possible that he might have worked at James Neil & Co on Cemetery Road or Twist Drill during that time. Is there anyone out there who might hold a clue that I could follow and perhaps trace him. He was not married to my gran and so I have no idea of his age at that time or where he might have been born. Nor can I find a possible death for him without some clue.

I have hit a brick wall with this. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Grannypat

---------- Post added 30-10-2015 at 13:34 ----------

Forgot to mention that his name was Edward Stevenson. Does this ring a distant bell in your memories of someone who might have been spoken about by your gran or grandad perhaps. Someone who might have gone to St. Matthias school and who might have known friends whose surname was Stevenson? Did you know someone who lived on Beeley Street during this time or perhaps in the early 1930s? Anything at all even if you're not really certain of your facts. It might just give me a link. Please. :0)

Grannypat

Edited by grannypat
Missed something out