Conditions of employment - Green Book

Am I correct in thinking that all England councils still use the 'Green Book' for the term and conditions of its employees?

Employment with Oxfordshire County Council is subject to the Conditions of Service of the National Joint Council for Local Government Services (Green Book) as supplemented by the county council's locally negotiated conditions.

https://www.oxfordshire.gov.uk/cms/content/conditions-employment-green-book

The link contains a shortened version, is the NJC the same as the Green Book?

My query is, "Standard working hours are 37 hours per week"; in the full version of the NJC its states that holidays should be worked out on a normal working days pay.

My contracted hours are 30, but my 'normal' working week is a little over 40 hours, how would a court define normal?

If it's anything like the terms and conditions of employment book we got at bass I seem to remember that it was about 100 pages long and the last paragraph on the last page said, these terms and conditions can be altered by management at any time. So what was the point of the book?

If it's anything like the terms and conditions of employment book we got at bass I seem to remember that it was about 100 pages long and the last paragraph on the last page said, these terms and conditions can be altered by management at any time. So what was the point of the book?

Yes indeed; 289 pages, if that is the right one.

https://www.atl.org.uk/Images/Green%20book.pdf

But the thing that puzzles me is that it was last updated in 2005, so perhaps they have stopped using it?

Yes indeed; 289 pages, if that is the right one.

https://www.atl.org.uk/Images/Green%20book.pdf

But the thing that puzzles me is that it was last updated in 2005, so perhaps they have stopped using it?

If you have not objected to your working hours being 40 rather than 30 hours a week, then after a short period of time, say three months or so you will be deemed to have accepted those hours as your normal working week.

Am I correct in thinking that all England councils still use the 'Green Book' for the term and conditions of its employees?

Employment with Oxfordshire County Council is subject to the Conditions of Service of the National Joint Council for Local Government Services (Green Book) as supplemented by the county council's locally negotiated conditions.

https://www.oxfordshire.gov.uk/cms/content/conditions-employment-green-book

The link contains a shortened version, is the NJC the same as the Green Book?

My query is, "Standard working hours are 37 hours per week"; in the full version of the NJC its states that holidays should be worked out on a normal working days pay.

My contracted hours are 30, but my 'normal' working week is a little over 40 hours, how would a court define normal?

Presumably you're getting paid for your 10 hours over time? Or are you doing it for free?

:hihi: sounds like the "handbook" where I work. There is a new revised one every year; there was always a clear distinction between job roles and it was/is in black and white in the handbook, but the latest one there is an appendage stating in not so many words that anyone can be instructed to do anything, rendering the supposed distinction meaningless really!