Winter (or actual) time.

who needs clocks anyway, let's go back to using the sun and stars

http://www.johnpratt.com/items/astronomy/telltime.html

though it may be a bit tricky on days like today :)

---------- Post added 28-10-2015 at 13:16 ----------

Can too.

It only took me 50 micro days to come up with that answer by the way.

they worked out that you can't 500odd years ago unless you want Christmas in the middle of april

they worked out that you can't 500odd years ago unless you want Christmas in the middle of april

The year is a problem. Although I don't see what's wrong with my giant rockets.

Everything else can just be done in days, micro days, milli days, etc etc.

I suggest we just make it christmas every day. Perhaps just have a few milli days of christmas each day.

A feasibility study should be undertaken to determine whether it's better to use the giant rockets to change the rotational speed or the orbit of the earth. I suspect the former, but I don't want to pre-judge the study.

If the global warming folk object to the use of rockets, then I suggest a system of giant mirrors in orbit around the earth to change the duration of the day to 100th or 1000th of the year by changing the effective position of the sun in the sky. Just don't anybody break one as then we'd get 7 kilo-days of bad luck.

Edited by unbeliever

I'm really rather fed up of time.

I suggest that it be decimalised. Based ideally on the length of the day.

You're a bit late to that party I'm afraid.

XI. The day, from midnight to midnight, is divided into ten parts, each part into ten others, and so forth until the smallest measurable portion of duration.

Also

Swatch Internet Time (or beat time) is a decimal time concept introduced in 1998 by the Swatch corporation as part of their marketing campaign for their line of "Beat" watches.

Instead of hours and minutes, the mean solar day is divided up into 1000 parts called ".beats". Each .beat is equal to one decimal minute in French revolutionary time/Decimal time (see above quote!) and lasts 1 minute and 26.4 (86.4) seconds (in standard time - 24 hours, 60 minutes and 60 seconds). Times are notated as a 3-digit number out of 1000 after midnight. So, @248 would indicate a time 248 .beats after midnight representing 248/1000 of a day, just over 5 hours and 57 minutes.

well if you have any extractor fans in your house walls id check to see if they have a Back Draught Shutter Vent fitted to stop cold air blowing back into the room.

the kitchen is a lot warmer since fitting one to the vent pipe.

the wet leaves outside are an health and safety nightmare, surprised nobody's been round to cordon them off and put up signs saying 'caution wet leaves' :)