Rotherham Muslims call for boycott on Police

The title could more accurately include the word "Some".

Yes, perhaps. But the irony of listening to various Muslim community "leaders" complain on the News that the entire Muslim community has been tarred, whilst simultaneously claiming to represent the entire community and calling for the entire community to boycott the police, was not lost on me.

Edited by milquetoast1

Yes, perhaps. But the irony of listening to various Muslim community "leaders" complain on the News that the entire Muslim community has been tarred, whilst simultaneously claiming to represent the entire community and calling for the entire community to boycott the police, was not lost on me.

Perhaps they think if you are going to treat as one we will act as one? I'm not sure what this will achieve but I can understand their anger, as much as I can understand other peoples anger over the original abuse in the first place.

Nothing good will come of any of this.

As a community leader for Sheffield forum (self designated), I want to urge everyone to not be a d!ck.

No specific time or place, just all the time. If you can manage that, then the world will be a better place.

Well played Sir! As the self-appointed community leader for d!ck's everywhere, I salute you for evading forum rules so skilfully. :)

Not a punchy title though.

---------- Post added 27-10-2015 at 10:46 ----------

Where did you get this from, just out of curiosity?

It was on Look North yesterday. The guy from Rotherham Muslim Community Forum Alliance called on muslims to boycott co-operation with police. So I'd say a pretty influential muslim compared to the guy who runs the kebab shop.

Edited by exxon

The top cop and the head muslim agreed to talk things through, live on radio sheffield today.

Excellent result. Let them sort it out, and this thread be closed in the meantime so as not to derail any sensible solution.

Edited by blowfealt