Windows 10 freezing

wagginfinger

Also have the freeze up, drives me mad arrrgghh, also loads more spam emails, too many ads, auto playing ads, cant stop them, been thinking about going back to windows 8.1, or even 7.

On updates, my laptop shuts down whilst updating, for ages sometimes, and I can't seem to change this, i'm not very tech so basic stuff for me is better.

Win 10 wont be anything yo do with spam emails or ads.. thats ur browser and email client...

I have noticed adverts are freezing up Firefox lately (took over a minute before it would respond due to adverts on this sodding forum), particularly on my W10 machine simply because its a very slow CPU and eMMC.

So I think its two unrelated problems for me. Some issues with W10 but mostly issues with the latest Firefox builds.

I've noticed that Win10 seems to load at blisteringly quick speeds. But having said that, it's an illusion. It's the desktop that loads quickly, which gives you the impression that it's loaded. But once the desktop is there, it's still quietly loading other stuff, and you still can't use it, until all that stuff is done. :suspect:

I've noticed that Win10 seems to load at blisteringly quick speeds. But having said that, it's an illusion. It's the desktop that loads quickly, which gives you the impression that it's loaded. But once the desktop is there, it's still quietly loading other stuff, and you still can't use it, until all that stuff is done. :suspect:

Sounds like bloatware once more - on a side issue, .docx in Word 2010 =32kb - same format in LibreOffice 5, same document, 8 kb! (Not running on Win 10 by the way!)

I had that happen the first few times I booted Windows 10, but it seemed to stop happening.