Windows 10 freezing

wagginfinger

Well the problem we have had ever since we upgraded to windows 10 is with connection. We never had a problem with windows 7 but on windows 10, 90% of the time it won't connect on wifi and won't even see it. We have to use the ethernet lead which is not what we pay for and because the modem won,t work through the filters that talktalk supplied it has to be right where the phone wire comes in and that is a long way from our computer. It's no good complaining to talktalk who just blame the computer even though it will pick up at least ten or twelve other modems from nearby and won't even register ours. Any clues anyone ?

Because it only freezes when browsing I've just tried running netsh winsock reset from Command Prompt. Will see how it goes.

---------- Post added 09-11-2015 at 19:58 ----------

Because it only freezes when browsing I've just tried running netsh winsock reset from Command Prompt. Will see how it goes.

Nope, didn't work.

I have installed this (as an upgrade from 7) on five different computers round the house and they have been totally solid and stable, so far its looking like a decent operating system.

I take that back, started having a few freezes when using Firefox on this main machine, tried reinstalling Firefox and it is still happening, its only happened a few times but I'll be keeping an eye on t.

I take that back, started having a few freezes when using Firefox on this main machine, tried reinstalling Firefox and it is still happening, its only happened a few times but I'll be keeping an eye on t.

To be fair, Firefox can have its moments on any OS. I'm having random freezing with it on Linux too, having to reset my profile a lot more than I used to.

I'm getting pretty regular freezes using firefox running under Vista Business - started about 3 months ago. It appears to stop the HDD functioning.

On my main machine its even running on an SSD and still hangs for a few seconds or so. On my Asus T100 because its only an eMMC it would hang for minutes.

So yeah, I don't think Firefix problems are Windows 10, its some change in recent releases of Firefox.

• 2 months later...

Has the Windows 10 freeze stopped happening to people or has everyone learned to live with it? Mine was getting to the point where it would freeze 2 or 3 times an hour, and I decided to bite the bullet and do a clean install (it was originally an upgrade from Win7). 3 days so far, and not one freeze :thumbsup:

A bit of a pain having to start from scratch and reinstall everything, but it seems to have done the trick, and it does boot faster now as well.

the free windows 10 upgrade is basic that is why its free but latter on it will want you to upgrade to pro and that is not free that will be around £70 to £80.00 pounds,i did a clean install of windows 10 pro,and do not have many probs same as you would have with 7,i liked 7,but now 10 is as good when you know where things are its a lot easier,ran a free program called Destroy windows spying stopped windows defender from running,and turned off user accounts fingers cross its seems okay.

---------- Post added 16-02-2016 at 00:10 ----------

topic Windows 10 freezing

Spilldig does mention the word freezing his problem, is he can not all ways connect to his TalkTalk modern using wifi with w10,have the same prob with the wife's laptop was okay till windows updated to a newer version off win10,keep saying going to take a look at it.

the free windows 10 upgrade is basic that is why its free but latter on it will want you to upgrade to pro and that is not free that will be around £70 to £80.00 pounds,i did a clean install of windows 10 pro,and do not have many probs same as you would have with 7,i liked 7,but now 10 is as good when you know where things are its a lot easier,ran a free program called Destroy windows spying stopped windows defender from running,and turned off user accounts fingers cross its seems okay.

---------- Post added 16-02-2016 at 00:10 ----------

topic Windows 10 freezing

Spilldig does mention the word freezing his problem, is he can not all ways connect to his TalkTalk modern using wifi with w10,have the same prob with the wife's laptop was okay till windows updated to a newer version off win10,keep saying going to take a look at it.

The free Windows 10 upgrades to an identical edition of Windows that you upgraded from.

Disabling Windows Defender is just leaving your PC open to actual spyware.

Disabling user accounts is just reducing your PCs security and disabling your ability to install useful apps from the Windows Store like Netflix.

I find it baffling that people are having a cow over Windows 10 but I never hear of people rooting their Android phones/tablets and removing all the Google "spyware". Why? Because those are exactly the features that people loved so much over Windows and why Microsoft have lost so much market share to tablets.

They are merely trying to reach the same level of usability and pull people back/prevent more people ditching PCs. Why don't people understand this?

Edited by AlexAtkin