Car clipped by van on M1, any advice?

Thanks for the advice guys. It was such a minor bump that I'm not really bothered about involving insurers as, as has been said, it would probably end being more hassle than it's worth. It's just the fact that he completely failed to see me that worries me.

I don't think he was drunk as he wasn't driving irratically or anything.

You are required to report it to your insurance company whether you claim or not. Read your documentation

I stand to be corrected but I believe insurance companies require you to report any accident or incidence to them in case of future litigation.

That's about the long and short of it. It is easy enough to report an incident to your insurers without making a claim. It avoids that unfortunate day when your insurers contact you about a guy claiming you ran up his back end and he has the paint from your car to prove it.

Edited by exxon

Fleeing the scene of an accident, I guess that would apply if you both did not exchange details.

He could have been drunk, so he did not want to stop, I havnt been involved in many accidents, but if you felt the car move I guess he should be aware of an impact.

Fleeing the scene?

It's failure to exchange details, and presumably it only applies to the driver who doesn't stop, rather than the one who wanted to exchange details but wasn't able to...

I'd report it personally.

---------- Post added 28-10-2015 at 15:40 ----------

He did a mistake, he realised that, he apologized (in his own way), lets not hang him.

Lets hope he will be more careful in the future.

Seriously? Driving off without stopping is acceptable because it only hit the car hard enough to move it and damage it??? :confused: