Car clipped by van on M1, any advice?

I doubt very much the van driver would report it later, must take some skill waving an apology out the window and getting you reg number all in a split second reading it back to front out of his mirror, and then the DNA test of paintwork lol

Chances are your insurance company will load your policy up even if you don't claim, it's not like they really need an excuse to bump your premium anyway!

Personally I'd keep it to myself if you're not going to claim.

Neither would I report it but it's not necessarily true that your insurance company raises your premium if you do. In the last two years I have had two accidents both the liability of the other party and both of which must have cost a considerable sum to their insurance companies. Although no claim was made against my insurance company I,as required,reported the incidents when I renewed my insurance on my car,my van and my motorbike. None resulted in an increase in premiums. Indeed,last time,my car insurance last time was less!

Neither would I report it but it's not necessarily true that your insurance company raises your premium if you do. In the last two years I have had two accidents both the liability of the other party and both of which must have cost a considerable sum to their insurance companies. Although no claim was made against my insurance company I,as required,reported the incidents when I renewed my insurance on my car,my van and my motorbike. None resulted in an increase in premiums. Indeed,last time,my car insurance last time was less!

A friend of mine had a skip hit their parked car (whilst they weren't even in it) - obviously claimed against the skip company's insurance but then come renewal time the premiums shot up due to the car having been involved in an accident.