Sainsburys no longer stocking the basics range

I usually order my monthly shopping online (I don't drive) but for the last two months I haven't been able to get the basics range of soya milk (59p a carton and just as good as any soya milk). The first month this happened they only had alpro (£1.40 a carton!) and this month the cheapest one they have is 85p. Since I order 14 of them at a time it soon adds up. I emailed sainsburys and was told that they will no longer be stocking the basics range both online and instore. They have lost my custom, and will probably lose a lot more. At a time when Aldi and Lidl are beating them on price, it seems like bad business to me :loopy:

Well they might not stocking basic soya milk, but they seem to still be selling the basics range online.

http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/gb/groceries/get-ideas/features/own-label-basics?langId=44&storeId=10151&krypto=cL%2BFw5gAgt2EZBxOTB2frJ7wYTnrBWlXewpkguNW%2FGmzIwLCVSKE6Zv4eJaixtXavoE1uKSrGP2o%0ADSOjHu4d12yj92O79QKH4pmqWmO2jHYvavePxyqGKe1n8ecpWd1w&ddkey=http:gb/groceries/get-ideas/features/own-label-basics

Whether its nad business they would know as they would know how much it costs to stock and how much basic soya milk they sell. You wouldnt know what they know.

yesco sell quite a lo of types of soya milk at c £1 or less.

Sainsbury's is the only one of Big Four supermarkets to see sales increase [This is Money, 25 August 2015]

What the average SF member knows about business you could write on the back of Alan Sugar's favourite credit card.

:hihi::hihi: very true, why would they want to stock large volumes with low margins trying to compete with the Aldi and Lidl stores? far bettter to concentrate on their core business which is middle class shoppers that dont mind paying a premium.

As previously said, i am going by what they have told me by email. This had come from their head office. I don't drive (hence why I order online) so you tell me how i carry 14 cartons from lidl or aldi? I don't like having to use tesco and i refuse to use asda since they can't get my order right.

As previously said, i am going by what they have told me by email. This had come from their head office. I don't drive (hence why I order online) so you tell me how i carry 14 cartons from lidl or aldi? I don't like having to use tesco and i refuse to use asda since they can't get my order right.

And people have responded the basics range is still available, but it looks like your individual soya milk item is no longer stocked.

Presumably they no longer stock it becayse their experience is they dont sell sufficient amounts to make enough money from it. Supermarkets change what they stock all the time, based on what sells profitably and what fits in with thier strategy.

How are you meant to carry 14 cartons? I dont know. I signposted a charity that might assist to you previously. Sainsburys dont care vecayse they are in the business of selling things profitably and basic soya milk wasnt working for them. Whilst they might regret any inconvenience, its not really their problem. You will have to find a compromise.

Presumably they no longer stock it becayse their experience is they dont sell sufficient amounts to make enough money from it. Supermarkets change what they stock all the time, based on what sells profitably and what fits in with thier strategy.

Or because they make very little from online sales.