Sainsburys no longer stocking the basics range

As previously said, i am going by what they have told me by email. This had come from their head office. I don't drive (hence why I order online) so you tell me how i carry 14 cartons from lidl or aldi? I don't like having to use tesco and i refuse to use asda since they can't get my order right.

You demonstrate my point, initially you say

At a time when Aldi and Lidl are beating them on price, it seems like bad business to me

And then in this post you state that you rely on Sainsbury's home delivery.

Sorry love, but the two seem mutually exclusive: Stocking cheap soyamilk AND covering the loss on delivering it for free/small amount doesn't seem to stack too well, hence they dropped the product. Hence my comment: Good luck getting it at Aldi/Lidl? Which I am fairly confident, don't stock it.

They still do the Basics range, picked some stuff up yesterday. What you mean is that they don't stock soya milk in the Basics range any more. Good luck finding that at Aldi or Lidl?

What like "Soywell" which is stocked at Lidl, I forget the brand name Aldi uses. But Lidl do seem to have stopped the chocolate soywell :(

"The shopping website MySupermarket.co.uk has revealed that Tesco has stopped 21% of its Everday Value range, while Sainsbury's has cut its Basic range by 15% and Asda Smart Price is down by 7%."

21 October 2015

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/uk/tesco-sainsburys-and-asda-cut-back-on-range-of-economy-items-34126803.html

It was all a big con anyway as they all had "everyday, basic and smart" ranges which were always the same price at all stores.

Competition or collusion?