Is the NHS useless?

Thanks for those- I've not watched actual tv for several years and assumed that cyclone was on the ball with his claim that they don't advertise burgers and fast food on tv. It looks like maybe he wasn't?

KFC still have ads. about feeding your family from a bucket... :)

Anyone with a bit of patience who can help this individual understand that advertising works?

I know how advertising works. However, you haven't explained your assertion that children are tricked into eating something they see advertised.

'Hint - It isn't the children that buy it.'

I know how advertising works.

So, you not only understand that advertising does work, you understand how it works.

Great, so it should be clear that, as advertising does work, that advertising children's 'foods' that are proven to be harmfull to consume, will lead to more harmfull foods being consumed by children (than would be the case were said harmful foods not advertised and marketed.

Which is my point- why I want advertising harmful foods banned.

---------- Post added 03-11-2015 at 17:38 ----------

[/color]

However, you haven't explained your assertion that children are tricked into eating something they see advertised.

Children do buy foods they've seen marketed, and, they pressure their parents to buy those foods as well.

What makes you think children don't buy foods?

Why do you think that, when children see adverts that lie and pretend that 'foods' they (the advertisers) know full well are highly problematic, are actually fantastic and will enrich the life of anyone who eats it, they aren't in danger of being 'tricked'?

Edited by onewheeldave

removed.....

---------- Post added 03-11-2015 at 17:43 ----------

So, you not only understand that advertising does work, you understand how it works.

Great, so it should be clear that, as advertising does work, that advertising children's 'foods' that are proven to be harmfull to consume, will lead to more harmfull foods being consumed by children (than would be the case were said harmful foods not advertised and marketed.

Which is my point- why I want advertising harmful foods banned.

---------- Post added 03-11-2015 at 17:38 ----------

[/color]

Children do buy foods they've seen marketed, and, they pressure their parents to buy those foods as well.

What makes you think children don't buy foods?

Why do you think that, when children see adverts that lie and pretend that 'foods' they (the advertisers) know full well are highly problematic, are actually fantastic and will enrich the life of anyone who eats it, they aren't in danger of being 'tricked'?

Come on, it's a parent's responsibility what is fed to their children.

Edited by SnailyBoy

removed.....

---------- Post added 03-11-2015 at 17:43 ----------

Come on, it's a parent's responsibility what is fed to their children.

I've got no idea of what you're trying to say/show. Engage with my replies, by addressing the points made, otherwise there's no point in me trying to dialogue with you.

I've got no idea of what you're trying to say/show. Engage with my replies, by addressing the points made, otherwise there's no point in me trying to dialogue with you.

It's easy

Regardless of the advertising of food. It's a parent's responsibility what their child eats.

Over to you

I know how advertising works. However, you haven't explained your assertion that children are tricked into eating something they see advertised.

Its the children that pester for it though.

The NHS makes a profit out of my family, on top of taking a good chunk of my pay.

The NHS (Scotland) make a tidy profit out of me, but on the rare occasion that I need a prescription (which is free:huh:) I actually feel a bit guilty when I collect it.

Up to a point.

What constitutes an emergency?

Is a mental health problem which puts you at grave risk of self-harm and/or suicide not an "emergency"?

How on earth did we get into a situation where the NHS has money for cosmetic (I'm not including reconstructive or corrective) surgery, but can't get somebody in great suffering and at serious risk, a psychiatrist in under a year?

---------- Post added 30-10-2015 at 10:46 ----------

We had a deal. The people and the state.

I work hard, I pay high taxes. In return they were supposed to look after us when we get sick. I kept my end of the bargain. They're not keeping theirs.

I want my money back!

My bold. Blame the nanny state for this. You could safely say this isn't down to MEDICAL professionals, but those who know eff-all about Health Care.