I just need to have a rant!

Today I'm feeling my age. I'm not in this century! I've tried the best part of the week to report a landline fault with EE. I've listened to endless horrible music, pressed 1,2,3,4 more times than I've had hot dinners and then not understood the person I'm talking to. I've had to abort as many calls as I've made. Wednesday - and I achieved my aim. Engineers booked to come this morning between 8-1pm. Where are they? They haven't shown up! So I'm now back to square 1. I dread the whole ritual again. Oh for the days when I rand a local number and all was sorted. So I'm off out for some lunch with a glass of wine (large one). Sorry for bending your ear but I feel better now. :)

Today I'm feeling my age. I'm not in this century! I've tried the best part of the week to report a landline fault with EE. I've listened to endless horrible music, pressed 1,2,3,4 more times than I've had hot dinners and then not understood the person I'm talking to. I've had to abort as many calls as I've made. Wednesday - and I achieved my aim. Engineers booked to come this morning between 8-1pm. Where are they? They haven't shown up! So I'm now back to square 1. I dread the whole ritual again. Oh for the days when I rand a local number and all was sorted. So I'm off out for some lunch with a glass of wine (large one). Sorry for bending your ear but I feel better now. :)

I don't think you're showing your age at all... Doesn't matter how old you are, automated services are an absolute wind up!!

No personal touch given anymore.

I don't think you're showing your age at all... Doesn't matter how old you are, automated services are an absolute wind up!!

No personal touch given anymore.

There is but too often its a personal touch with someone who doesn't speak English very well. They can't understand you and you can't understand them. I was 15 minutes into a phonecall the other day trying to get someone to correct my email address. I tried phonetically I tried everything. Exasperated I asked for their email address - and eventually 10 minutes later I got that but I couldn't understand them much better than they could understand me.

Change your supplier would be my recommendation.

PlusNet are not perfect, but have UK based call centres and are better than most for service.

The other week I had a call from Orange asking how I was getting on with their service, I said I have been with you years and then said but for want of a better word it is crap. She wasn't sure what to say, I said the router keeps dropping out, she asked if I had contacted customer service, I said no it is a joke talking to someone in India. She said oh it appears you don't want to talk and said bye.

Edited by iansheff

Been in since 11.30 waiting for NPower to install smart meters, my time slot is 12pm - 6pm, wonder if they're gonna show :mad:

If they don't turn up and they have not contacted you to inform you they are not coming, can you make a claim against them?