EBay Scam Beware

I saw a similar post advertised on Indeed.

They also asked for my eBay account to check my score, and wanted me to advertise on my account not theirs. That's when alarm bells rang.

I asked what they sold and was told phones, laptops, tablets that kind of thing.

It never occurred to me this would happen, I declined because of negative comments if items didn't work.

Yet again if it seems too good to be true " it usually is"

ttp://www.mirror.co.uk/money/how-facebook-message-left-3300-6676629

Something else too,

I had a request from Paypal to log into my account with them stating that my Paypal account had been accessed from too many locations and that I had to click on the link.

That wasn't the scary thing, the scary thing was whoever had hacked Paypal had got my full name and added it to the email and sent it to the right email address. Sending the spoof email to Paypal has achieved absolutely nothing I have to add.

Obviously clicking on the link takes you to a site in Nigeria however in my case I hadn't logged into my account for at least two weeks.

So for all ebayers be wary of receiving a very good scam email from Paypal don't click on the link regardless of how real it looks. Instead log into your account in the normal way and make sure there's no unusual activity

Something else too,

I had a request from Paypal to log into my account with them stating that my Paypal account had been accessed from too many locations and that I had to click on the link.

That wasn't the scary thing, the scary thing was whoever had hacked Paypal had got my full name and added it to the email and sent it to the right email address. Sending the spoof email to Paypal has achieved absolutely nothing I have to add.

Obviously clicking on the link takes you to a site in Nigeria however in my case I hadn't logged into my account for at least two weeks.

So for all ebayers be wary of receiving a very good scam email from Paypal don't click on the link regardless of how real it looks. Instead log into your account in the normal way and make sure there's no unusual activity

Paypal give your name address and email address to anyone who buys from you on Ebay. So nothing to do with hackers.

However I have a horror story about Paypal. I sold a used item to a customer overseas. Everything was fine until 6 months later when Paypal took just over £300 from my account. It seems that 6 months after the transaction (and without contacting Ebay, Paypal or myself) the buyer complained to his credit card company. Without any contact, complaint or return of goods Paypal offered a full refund without even bothering to ask my opinion.

So if you accept payments on Paypal there is no security on the cash in your account and no account taken of the distance selling regulations.

Edited by exxon