The Sheffield Star Newspaper (paper version)

To be honest I don't think The Star is alone in doing that.....

It's not something I've personally encountered - it's phenomenally rude and arrogant though. Especially when people take time out to come to an interview, and lose earnings as a result of it.

The least anyone with any respect for people could do is tell them their interview wasn't successful. Pathetic - and definitely changed my attitude to The Star.

Guest makapaka
It's not something I've personally encountered - it's phenomenally rude and arrogant though. Especially when people take time out to come to an interview, and lose earnings as a result of it.

The least anyone with any respect for people could do is tell them their interview wasn't successful. Pathetic - and definitely changed my attitude to The Star.

I agree - but I wouldn't let it change your attitude to the entire paper.

I agree - but I wouldn't let it change your attitude to the entire paper.

True. Makes you wonder though what their general attitude is like to the public doesn't it?

I firmly believe in the importance of local media, and there being things that hold those in power to account, and always try to support local papers as much as I can. Sad when you hear things like this though.

Guest makapaka
True. Makes you wonder though what their general attitude is like to the public doesn't it?

I firmly believe in the importance of local media, and there being things that hold those in power to account, and always try to support local papers as much as I can. Sad when you hear things like this though.

Absolutely - I’m sure the editor follows this thread occasionally - hopefully they pick up on it and deal with it.

While I'll try & read it online, the ads make it virtually impossible & you'll get multiple references to the same; the reports hang around for days on end now without updates & there is an increased.use of surveys, (worst rated restaurants in Sheffield for example), filling up space that could be used for proper news.

I blame Johnston Press since they took over. The Independent & i newspaper also seem to be dumbing down. One of the major stories today in the i is about the producer of Coronation Street leaving.

---------- Post added 25-04-2018 at 15:30 ----------

Johnston Press also own the Independent & i newspapers, just to be clear.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Johnston Press, the owner of the i newspaper / Yorkshire Post / Scotsman, has put itself into administration and declared that there is "no longer any value" in its shares as it can't repay its debts.

Amazed they have lasted as long as they have in these modern times where they have failed to keep up. They made their large profits in the past by excessive charges for advertising, the internet killed this for them and a great many others.