The Sheffield Star Newspaper (paper version)

The writing was on the placards when it went to a morning paper..... as an evening paper people would pick it up whilst rushing home at night and read it.

Our company used to send someone out for copies mid afternoon so they could take it home with them.

Now that's gone we switch on our phones and check social media.

The writing was on the placards when it went to a morning paper..... as an evening paper people would pick it up whilst rushing home at night and read it.

Our company used to send someone out for copies mid afternoon so they could take it home with them.

Now that's gone we switch on our phones and check social media.

Yes thats what most people at work do just check the net/social media, its free and realtime.

If the quality of journalism is not their or it does not have loads of exclusive content then there is little point in paying for it.

The world has changed dramatically and the paper boys of 60 years ago wouldn't believe it. Then most houses in the suburb where I lived had a morning paper delivered and an evening paper. Quite a few houses would get 2 papers in the morning, a local and national and they'd have them as soon after 7 as possible.

We're one of a small number of houses on our road still having a paper delivered. The Star's quality seems lower than either the morning Journal or evening Chronicle in Newcastle

and a virtually unreadable online presence

Not just me then?

I don't open links to the Star in SF posts as not only are they unreadable and incredibly slow but they usually crash my browser too!

That is on both an iPad running iOS on fast broadband and an Android phone on 4G so less likely to be my devices or internet connection. :suspect:

Well if any more evidence was needed as to why Johnston Press are going under. You just need to read this high quality journalism. Well I felt really well informed after reading this.

Thanks a lot.

I clicked that link and was spammed with a full page advert :mad:

On 11/17/2018 at 3:50 PM, woodmally said:

Well if any more evidence was needed as to why Johnston Press are going under. You just need to read this high quality journalism. Well I felt really well informed after reading this.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/police-spotted-in-sheffield-city-centre-home-were-carrying-out-enquiries-as-part-of-ongoing-investigation-1-9068734?fbclid=IwAR2pRJ8r9H6thv0o3aKMbYo8UkaqiY3LDkIUrnacATpZNsX8RoUElm-YWFY

Thats quite a scoop ?