7 Arrested for fighting - what would the sentence be in Sheffield

" Images from mobile phone footage shot by one of the club’s managers show one person being thrown and sprawling across a car bonnet as others trade blows. People are filmed kicking and punching each other, with the violence continuing even after police intervene. THE INDEPENDENT

What makes this intresting is -

1 - It happened outside a Kensington night club.

2 - It is frequented by Prince Harry

The sentence - The seven people were arrested and issued with fixed penalty notices, and police asked Kensington and Chelsea council to review the club’s licence.

One law for ALL, I don't think.

A nightclub popular with celebrities and frequented by Prince Harry has been forced to shut for two weeks, and risks losing its licence, after a mass brawl in the street.

Boujis in Kensington, west London, was ordered to shut its doors after the fight involving at least 16 people in the early hours of 25 October, according to the London Evening Standard.

Images from mobile phone footage shot by one of the club’s managers show one person being thrown and sprawling across a car bonnet as others trade blows. People are filmed kicking and punching each other, with the violence continuing even after police intervene.

Seven people were arrested and issued with fixed penalty notices, and police asked Kensington and Chelsea council to review the club’s licence.

story - http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/boujis-kensington-nightclub-frequented-by-prince-harry-forced-to-shut-after-mass-brawl-a6715666.html

Edited by Itrytoplease

Errm, well I do think.

Plenty of ther drunk and disorderly people get FPNs on an average weekend.

Courts are busy. The police are busy. A bunch of drunken idiots, posh or not posh, don't always warrant a formal investigation and sentencing. There are a whole range of disorderly behaviour which can apply. See section 1-11 of the Criminal Justice and Police Act 2001.

What's your issue?

Edited by ECCOnoob

Errm, well I do think.

Plenty of ther drunk and disorderly people get FPNs on an average weekend.

Courts are busy. The police are busy. A bunch of drunken idiots, posh or not posh, don't always warrant a formal investigation and sentencing. There are a whole range of disorderly behaviour which can apply. See section 1-11 of the Criminal Justice and Police Act 2001.

What's your issue?

Inferiority complex by the look of things...

" Images from mobile phone footage shot by one of the club’s managers show one person being thrown and sprawling across a car bonnet as others trade blows. People are filmed kicking and punching each other, with the violence continuing even after police intervene. THE INDEPENDENT

What makes this intresting is -

1 - It happened outside a Kensington night club.

2 - It is frequented by Prince Harry

The sentence - The seven people were arrested and issued with fixed penalty notices, and police asked Kensington and Chelsea council to review the club’s licence.

A nightclub popular with celebrities and frequented by Prince Harry has been forced to shut for two weeks, and risks losing its licence, after a mass brawl in the street.

Boujis in Kensington, west London, was ordered to shut its doors after the fight involving at least 16 people in the early hours of 25 October, according to the London Evening Standard.

Images from mobile phone footage shot by one of the club’s managers show one person being thrown and sprawling across a car bonnet as others trade blows. People are filmed kicking and punching each other, with the violence continuing even after police intervene.

Seven people were arrested and issued with fixed penalty notices, and police asked Kensington and Chelsea council to review the club’s licence.

story - http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/boujis-kensington-nightclub-frequented-by-prince-harry-forced-to-shut-after-mass-brawl-a6715666.html

Do you know what they were charged with?

Do you know what other people are charged with around that area and what comparitive sentences they get?

Do you know what the 7 they caught did out of the 16? It doesnt say in the article what their involvement was.

What sentences would you have given them and what would you have charged them with?

The cost involved in locking them all up, interviewing them all, charging with affray for example and then prosecuting them is now the all important consideration.

Actually not affray - but s.4 POA - thats summary only so can only be dealt with in the magistrates court.

Quicker / cheaper and better for the statistics - FPN -

I'd have thought at the very least they would have been taken to court. Charged possably with causing an affray?

I'd also be very surprised if people wern't taken to court if this had happened outside a Sheffield night club.

I was wondering if the location (not the people) had any bearing on what I think was a light sentence/result.

I'd have thought at the very least they would have been taken to court. Charged possably with causing an affray?

I'd also be very surprised if people wern't taken to court if this had happened outside a Sheffield night club.

I was wondering if the location (not the people) had any bearing on what I think was a light sentence/result.

Have a wonder down town one Friday/Saturday night and watch all the drunken frickwits fighting each other. Then watch the police deal with it and ask yourself how many police officers would be left to patrol the city centre if they arrested every drunken idiot that has a fight for affray instead of issuing a FPN.